Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Howdy-ho fellow Mac players.

First of all don't worry if you have Mac issues. DOS2 Port is going to be supported and patched - the game will improve and evolve. So without further ado here's the list of issues you should be aware of:

1. Lesser than Haswell iGPU's are exhibiting artefacts and red tint. That's the most widely spread issue. And it's a known Intel driver issue. And Intel is fully aware and even more the fix is almost here. But - there is always 'but' there is a catch. You will have to upgrade to 10.14.4. Next week there might be 10.14.4 beta 2 which already will have lots of improvements. Also there will be DOS2 patch which should fix everything for Iris users.

UPDATE: You can try latest DOS2 version from Steam and 10.14.4 beta 2 and you will immediately see the improvements. However it's still quite a long way for Intel to go, there are more issues and they are being resolved right now. We understand that can exhaust your patience but it's nothing we can do - we already have major issue fixed - time to fix smaller ones. And please don't yet report the issues with Iris - we know them all smile

2. Non AVX CPU's are not supported. This means XEON based MacPro's 2010 and other old Macs will exhibit ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION exception. We will be working with MacPro users first to remedy this issue and have a fix soon. Anybody interested in helping devs with MacPro support and those with MacPro can mail support@larian.com and state just this - "I have MacPro, I can test and help - route me to Mac developers".

UPDATE: Official version on Steam/Gog should support Mac Pro 2013 as of today. We're working on MacPro 2010 support.

3. NVIDIA is not officially supported. Well duh, that's it. Nothing we're going to do about this right now.
UPDATE: We have decided to explain a bit more about NVIDIA. We work with Apple Metal Engineering team on any issue with Metal we encounter. We have solid support from Intel and solid support from AMD. This means that for every issue on those cards we could get a timeline of fix availability. For NVIDIA we can't get any timelines. So we can't tell you - when things will be fixed. However we have decided to mount some pressure on Apple bugtracker with Nvidia support to get at least a definite answer whether we can get NV working in a reasonable timeframe or this is not possible at all. So let's keep fingers crossed.

We will add issues to the list, but hopefully It will stay short wink

Last edited by Stauff1138; 15/02/19 04:49 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'd also like to add my 2¢ and say that scrolling with the Mac trackpad is suuuuuper OP and should be dialed down, or they should give us the option to adjust it. I just *barely* scroll with my fingers and it zooms in all the way, as well as menus scrolling all the way down to the bottom.

There also isn't an option to adjust scrolling speed system-wide, either.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
> Noted.

stranger
stranger
Just bought DOS2 on the basis of excellent reviews. Easily meet system requirements. Disappointed that it is unplayable doe to display problems (As 1 above). Hope fix is soon, otherwise I'll expect a refund. I'll hang on a bit as it seem as if this is a great game.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Can you please tell me your specs. The issue is that Intel Iris is fairly old system that generally can't 'easily meet' system requirements. It's more or less minimal system requirements.

stranger
stranger
Is there an update on non-avx2 compatibility? I'm still unable to play because my mac only supports avx1. The way I read the first post seemed to indicate that non-avx2 Macs would be able to play eventually. Maybe I misread? Thanks so much for the help.

stranger
stranger
Currently having consistent freezing and crashing upon combat in the Vault of Braccus Rex, making that area unplayable.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios

Originally Posted by Benyano
Currently having consistent freezing and crashing upon combat in the Vault of Braccus Rex, making that area unplayable.

Can you please create a new thread with specs of your Mac , crash logs and description.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey, just installed 10.14.4b2, but the problems persist. They are of a different kind now, however. See the enclosed screenshot [1]. The graphics seem off to me, the char portrait looks bad and also light-sources are funny. The main menu and chargen screens are broken as well.
Does it mean the bugs are still not completely fixed? Or could it be a problem with my rig? (15' MacBook Pro mid 2014, 2.2 i7, 16GB, Intel Iris Pro 5200).

[1]: https://imgur.com/a/Cm8yZpL

Last edited by Sh4rPEYE; 04/02/19 09:08 PM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
B2 should fix snow. That’s it. We will fix everything else concerning color and blackness.
Beta 3 will finalize the fixes
I will check fixes tomorrow and report here.
So fixes are indeed coming

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great to hear that. Are the system specs ok, then?

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Well miracles happen but your machine still is right now in the unsupported list frown

I mean we will fix the issues and graphics will be great. But I can’t guarantee frame rate. It will be low.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can you provide any estimates on when the next update will be pushed (and are we waiting for Apple/Intel or Larian atm)? I don't want to sound rude, I'm just curious. If the miracles don't happen, I might need to return the game and that is possible only in the 14-day window since the purchase. I'm wondering if the graphics fix will be up in that timeframe, so I'll be able to try it out to see if my device can handle it.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Theoretically we’re going for 30+ on low, plus you can enable additional post processing. Try now. Scroll play field, zoom. The performance will be better in the end but not much. So you can feel how it will be even now with b2.

We’re waiting for Apple. Next beta will be next week. Our fixes probably will happen earlier than final
Apple release.

We might have a small public beta but I can’t say for sure. So let’s give it a week until b3 and I will see what we can give as beta test

stranger
stranger
Stauff, is the avx2 requirement among those fixes? I just want to be sure I'll be able to play at some point, hopefully soon. I, like these other people, want to know if I'll need to return it within the time frame. So is that avx2 requirement fixable? And is it apple that will have to fix it or larian? Sorry to bug you. I'm really excited to play soon if I can.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Avx2 issue is in open beta now. Ask Raze for instructions

Support
Support

EDIT: since the beta has not been updated since the 2013 AVX2 fixes were moved to the main branch, it is outdated and I removed the passwords below.

With the Steam version, right click on the game in the library, select Properties, switch to the Betas tab and enter the password <redacted>. That should unlock a branch called 'public_macbeta', which you can select from the dropdown list.

With the GOG version, in Galaxy, select the game, click More and select Settings; near the top, to the right of the 'Configure Game' heading, click on 'Beta Channels' and select 'On', then click on 'default' for the Channel, select 'Add Private Channels', enter the password <redacted>, click Submit, then re-open the Channel dropdown list and select 'Public_MacBeta'.

Last edited by Raze; 12/06/19 06:11 AM.
stranger
stranger
I am still having the artifact and red tint issue in the mac-beta

My specs:

MBP Retina 13 in mid 2014
2.6 GHz Intel core i5
8G 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536MB

Last edited by Leanonkeenan; 05/02/19 03:56 PM. Reason: Forgot specs
stranger
stranger
My game crashes on startup even with beta. It could be my mac, but I feel as though I should still be able to run it.

My specs are:
Macbook pro early 2011
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

stranger
stranger
I have a really strange bug now: even on low settings the frame-rate is abysmal, unless I start sliding the brightness setting on the touch bar up or down, the frame rate then stabilises until I stop adjusting the brightness. It played fine on Sunday, so not sure what that's about.

My specs are:

MBP 2018 15"
2.9 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard