Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by Thefirstcheese
I have a really strange bug now: even on low settings the frame-rate is abysmal, unless I start sliding the brightness setting on the touch bar up or down, the frame rate then stabilises until I stop adjusting the brightness. It played fine on Sunday, so not sure what that's about.

Ensure you have Triple Buffering. Also reboot might help. Vega should be very much OK in any cases.

stranger
stranger
OK thanks will try that.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

Like most of the crowd I was excited to download Divinity Original Sin 2 since I enjoyed the first one wholeheartedly. Upon starting it up it was just red and black graphics. Unplayable. But reading this post and others it seems to be related to Intel graphics that share the CPU. My iMAC has a separate graphics card.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Any advice as to why my machine would be having a problem by displaying the red and and black tint issue when I have a separate Radeon graphics card?

Anthony

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by Anthony_1759
Upon starting it up it was just red and black graphics. Unplayable. But reading this post and others it seems to be related to Intel graphics that share the CPU. My iMAC has a separate graphics card.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Any advice as to why my machine would be having a problem by displaying the red and and black tint issue when I have a separate Radeon graphics card?

What's your OS level?

stranger
stranger
Hello Stauff,

I believe it is either Sierra or High Sierra. I will have to check when I get home from work. I assume you are asking because there might be a difference in performance between the two?

Best

Anthony

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
High Sierra is officially supported. But for best performance you need Mojave. Your video card is supported

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, pretty good on that beta. I was worried there. My system:

2013 13" MacBook Pro Retina
OS 10.13.6
3 GHz i7
8GB ram
eGPU NVidia GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB
Probably won't even try it with the igpu:
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Started up and initial gaming seems to be fine.

I don't mind switching back to an AMD card (I had a Radeon 560 before, but the NVidia outperforms it on my setup), but don't make me buy a 2016 or later MacBook Pro! In reality this is probably my last Apple laptop anyway, although I've considered a 2015 which is the last MBP to have all the ports I need. Glad I could get this game to work, at least for the time being.

Anyway, Thanks!
Joe

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
First post updated to reflect everything we know

stranger
stranger
I also have red artifacts in the game :( any news regarding the fix?

My specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
Intel Iris Pro 1536 МБ

OS Version: 10.14.2 (18C54)

Support
Support

The fix requires OSX 10.14.4 beta 2, as that is the first update to include Intel's driver fixes.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Having the same problem with the red tind using the beta, game purchased in gog. My specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 inches, mid 2014)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Last edited by serperga; 10/02/19 09:27 AM.
Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
HDR not working on Mac.

I've seen Windows users complaining about HDR not working correctly and I'm not having anymore luck on a, Mac.

It does funky things to the game application, both on my iMac's display and my second display, a 55 inch 2018 LG 4K TV that does support HDR. Stuff like freezing upon start up or just crashing the application atogether. Even when I can get the game to launch and play with HDR on everything is so dark it almost looks like a completely black screen.

The specs are as follows:

27" 2017 5k iMac running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3
3.8 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Unchecking the HDR option in the Mac start up dialogue appears to make the game run like it should without any graphical issues.

So is this an issue for everybody, both Windows and Mac, or should this be working correctly for me?

Support
Support

serperga:
Do you mean the game beta or OSX? The red tint issue should be fixed with the current 10.14.4 beta 2.

Yor:
Does that iMac have HDR support? A quick search online implies that it doesn't (EDIT: but it does; maybe the confusion was the bug mentioned below when applying the settings?). In any case, the darkness issue is a symptom of enabling HDR with an OSX system that doesn't support it, so if your iMac has HDR support, the game is not detecting that for some reason.

Last edited by Raze; 14/02/19 10:29 AM.
stranger
stranger
@Yor
Hi, how do you get the startup screen to uncheck the HDR box?

(Made the same mistake and took HDR on my iMac with dark screen result :-/)

Support
Support

Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can disable HDR again.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
@Yor

Let's first understand your crashes. The game should not crash in HDR mode even when Mac does not support HDR.
Please look inside User Reports in Console for DOS2 crashes and send it to the support team please.

Next stop. 5K iMac definitely supports HDR. Can you please go to System Preferences and tell me whether you see the setting called 'Automatic Brightness Adjustments' and whether it is on.

Launch the game. The fire you see should be VERY bright. Also you didn't calibrate the HDR picture, that's why you're having issues. Go to options HDR settings and adjust it. Generally you should set brightness to max and contrast to min to get 100% clear result, then adjust accordingly.

But again. Let's first deal with crashes.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
P.S. There is also a bug in Options.When you 'Apply HDR' settings brightness/contrast - don't apply settings on video page, just close it.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 14/02/19 09:53 AM.
Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Raze

serperga:
Do you mean the game beta or OSX? The red tint issue should be fixed with the current 10.14.4 beta 2.

Yor:
Does that iMac have HDR support? A quick search online implies that it doesn't (EDIT: but it does; maybe the confusion was the bug mentioned below when applying the settings?). In any case, the darkness issue is a symptom of enabling HDR with an OSX system that doesn't support it, so if your iMac has HDR support, the game is not detecting that for some reason.

I still have what is considered the top-of-the-line consumer iMac. It's basically the best iMac you can get other than the iMac Pros. When the Mac version of Divinity Original Sin 2 was first announced I checked on the HDR thing and found that my iMac does support that.

I have a dual monitor setup here with the second display being a 4K LG 2018 TV that also supports HDR. With the HDR option on I tried lanching the game on each display, with each display set as the default display, and encountered the same problem on both.

Once again I'm running OS X Mojave 10.14.3, which is the latest full release. I'm not really comfortable with downloading a beta so all have to wait until 10.14.4 is officially released to try that.

If I get a chance I'll try launching the game again today with HDR on and play around a little more with that gamma slider to see if I can get better results. But I'm guessing I may have to wait until 10.14.4 is released for this to function correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by byps
@Yor
Hi, how do you get the startup screen to uncheck the HDR box?

(Made the same mistake and took HDR on my iMac with dark screen result :-/)

Somebody already beat me to it but yeah hold the command key down when launching the game. hehe

Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Stauff1138
@Yor

Let's first understand your crashes. The game should not crash in HDR mode even when Mac does not support HDR.
Please look inside User Reports in Console for DOS2 crashes and send it to the support team please. But again. Let's first deal with crashes.

It looks like I solved the crashes problem on my own. It seems like EyeTV was conflicting with Divinity. EyeTV is kind of a DVR/TV application that works with various TV tuner devices, including ones that were made by the same people that made the software. It's kind of on its last legs since these products aren't being supported in the US anymore but I've been still using it until it actually breaks. In any case just closing the application while playing Divinity seems to work so I'm good with that.

I used your suggestions for the HDR issue and got it to work much better. Unfortunately I think I still prefer playing without HDR turned on because it's much brighter and easier for me to see everything that way. In fairness I've only been in the ship's hold, where it's dark, so maybe I will like HDR being on better once I get out of there and outside. The splash screen for the game looks pretty good with HDR on and that's outside.

I'm not really playing the game very seriously right now because I'm waiting till I finish another game that I'm currently playing but I wanted to install Divinity, and briefly triy it out, while it was still eligible to be returned just in case there were serious issues. But I feel like the issues have been solved enough now for me to keep the game and look forward to playing it a lot soon.

Thanks so much for your help though. hehe

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard