Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#651926 15/02/19 02:45 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
There's no guide listing the locations of them all. Does anybody know exactly where they all are? Crafting Bible 2 is in the safe in the Black Bull tavern and 16 is in the chest in the Magister barracks but I don't recall the other locations.

journeyman
journeyman
You should have been able to find all of them back in Fort Joy. Did you explore enough?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by ShadowStorm
You should have been able to find all of them back in Fort Joy. Did you explore enough?

If they were all on Fort Joy then there wouldn't have been any in Reaper's Coast. I'm assuming there are 20 total.

journeyman
journeyman
Well then I must have made a mistake or missed them.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Why isn't there a guide for item locations like this?

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
I think most players just look up online for the recipes they need or are happy to play with the system. Once you are introduced to the system, many recipes can be guessed at without need to find books to unlock the recipes.
Character builds don't require crafting skills so some likely ignore the system completely as it isn't essential to finish the game.
That being said, go make a guide, post it on YouTube and see how many people search for it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by WINoodles
I think most players just look up online for the recipes they need or are happy to play with the system. Once you are introduced to the system, many recipes can be guessed at without need to find books to unlock the recipes.
Character builds don't require crafting skills so some likely ignore the system completely as it isn't essential to finish the game.
That being said, go make a guide, post it on YouTube and see how many people search for it.

If I do anything I'd just do a crappy guide on GameFAQs. I'd need to replay the game entirely to list the locations of each one. The crafting bibles are really the only books worth reading. Also some recipes make no sense like honey for charming.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
In case anyone else searches this, here is a list of the crafting bible locations I am currently aware of.

I - Amadia's Sanctuary - where Feder (former flaming pig) sits, note that in the classic edition you should get this before turning Feder back to human
II - Driftwood, Black Bull Tavern - in a locked chest behind the bar - requires a bit of stealth to get
III - Treasure Chest - not far from Windego fight outside Fort Joy. it is along the coast north of the Hollow Marshes
IV - Behind the Tower of Braccus Rex - loot the Elven skeleton on the ledge with the Scale Gloves
V - Tower of Braccus Rex - in the room on the far side of the pipe, leaning up against a statue in the corner
VI - Driftwood, Bridgekeeper's House - In a desk in the bedroom
VII - Behind Fingal Boyd who is just south of the Paladin Bridgehead and north of the Driftwood Gallows
VIII - Burning Pigs - Up on a platform in the middle of the pigs and under a trop
IX - Voidwoken Deep-Dweller encounter - loot the Decomposing Cryomancer
X - Treasure Chest - Fort Joy, near the Croc that has the Teleport Gloves
XI - Vault of Braccus Rex - Room with the 2 Riddles
XII - Fort Joy, Dragon's Beach Cave - in skulls at the back of the cave behind Radeka
XIII - Tower of Braccus Rex - Room with caged zombie, on a bookshelf near the caged zombie
XIV - Alexander encounter at the end of Act 1 - loot the Magister Metamorph
XV - Driftwood - on Drowned Scorcerer, the body will need to be dug up, dig spot next to the broken boat betwen Driftwood's east gate and the docks
XVII - Driftwood Jail - upstairs in Magister Yvette's chest, requires stealth or killing Yvette to get the key

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard