08/04/18 12:01 AM
08/04/18 12:01 AM
A
arod7932 Offline OP
stranger
arod7932  Offline OP
stranger
A

I love Divinity II, and I played it on the 360 years ago. With its triumphant return via xbox one backwards compatibility I was wondering if there is anyway to avoid the glitch where Kirill no longer plays music in the throne room, so I can avoid it in my new playthrough.

Also, does the glitch occur in the developer's cut version on PC? I own it on PC via GOG but haven't played far enough into it to find out for myself. I've been scouring the internet trying to find an answer without any luck.

And one final question, does anyone know if the 360 version is fully patched or if it falls a patch or two short compared to PC? Details on this are scarce as well.

I hope people haven't forgotten this gem of a game.

Re: Kirill Bug in The Battle Tower, any workarounds? [Re: arod7932] #644776
08/04/18 07:48 AM
08/04/18 07:48 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

veteran
Raze  Offline

veteran

Canada

Wasn't that primarily triggered by leaving the throne room before a requested tune had finished? Or was that part fixed?

There were some compatibility updates in the Developer's Cut, but I don't think many fixes compared to DKS (the save format changed, and a couple rare issues are rarer in D2:DC). I don't recall if this was fixed or occurred less in D2:DC.

I think the Xbox version is patched as much as the PC version of DKS. The North American Xbox release was the last version to be released, since no publishers there wanted to sign a deal before seeing the European sales figures.

Re: Kirill Bug in The Battle Tower, any workarounds? [Re: Raze] #644805
09/04/18 04:27 AM
09/04/18 04:27 AM
A
arod7932 Offline OP
stranger
arod7932  Offline OP
stranger
A

I think you're right as far as the cause of the bug being the leaving of the area before a song finishes. I can vaguely recall leaving mid song and realizing I had broken something but my save was considerably far back progress-wise so I ignored it.

Good to hear that the Xbox version should be up to date. That eliminates any possibility of the bug being caused by an out of date version.

It'll take a while (I was a teen when I first played the game, so I had more time to dedicate to it), but when I reach that point in the game I'll be careful not to interrupt the song playback. I'll see if I can reach the end of the game without the bug occurring and I will update this post to help anyone that tries to find information about this in the future.

Re: Kirill Bug in The Battle Tower, any workarounds? [Re: arod7932] #652095
03/03/19 08:45 PM
03/03/19 08:45 PM
A
arod7932 Offline OP
stranger
arod7932  Offline OP
stranger
A

An update as we approach almost a year from this original post. I have not forgotten about my commitment to share information regarding this issue, but I have not yet reached that point in my playthrough.