Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
madme Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Greetings travelers,

This thread is about a DOS EE mod, but hopefully the logic is similar enough that it still makes sense. The DOS EE mod section is a bit dead now, so I'm trying my luck here.

I have tried out Epic Encounters by Ameranthftw which is an excellent mod, but it includes enemy scaling. To be specific - at the start of combat the enemies gain exp and level up to be at your level or higher. This makes gameplay unfun, because every single fight is against overwhelming odds. Doable, but grindy.

Question is - where would I even look to disable such enemy scaling?

What I did so far:
  • Unpacked the .pak with tools from this forum
  • Under "Public" folder found a subfolder titled "Scripts". Opened a whole batch with text editor.
  • Experimented with commenting out various scripts or script parts, packing it back and restarting the game. Various things change/break, but enemies still scale.
  • Experimented with removing the entire Scripts folder and restarting the game. Large number of things break, but enemies still scale.

This leads me to believe that enemy scaling has nothing to do with scripts...but then I'm at a loss. Where should I look to find the rules that control this mechanic?

Thank you

Last edited by vometia; 20/03/19 05:10 AM. Reason: formatting
madme Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Strange, formatting used to work in preview but when posted it shows all broken....not sure what went wrong.

madme Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Got reply from mod creator, who pointed me to his comprehensive guide at https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/829837590/142261352656321576/
In case anyone else finds this and has a similar question.

Last edited by vometia; 20/03/19 05:10 AM. Reason: link
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by madme
Strange, formatting used to work in preview but when posted it shows all broken....not sure what went wrong.

It's one of various restrictions that apply to new users; I've now un-restricted you. smile

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard