Hey everyone!

A friend and I playing a 4 character game wanted to replace our auto-generated character icons with custom ones. We've tried following this fantastic guide written by Rogork here. Big thanks to him for this guide.

For the most part, things kind of work. I can mess around with item icons and delete the pre-generated model icon. However, we're just not able to replace the default character portraits with custom ones.

Specifically, even if I edit Portraits_DOS2_MainPL_Icons.dds (from Icons.PAK), none of my changes would be reflected in the game. I went through and put a colored filter on every single image file in Icons.PAK, but the character portrait just isn't affected. image

So from what we can tell, the game doesn't seem to be using the default icons in Icons.PAK as the character portrait? I've gone through my save file (Globals.lsf) and deleted the pre-generated icon and everything.

We've tried doing the guide's steps on three different computers, in both Classic and Definite edition. No luck. At first we thought using GIMP was the issue, but I can manage to get changes to show up as in the image I posted above. It's just that the character portraits won't change.

If anyone could help, we'd be incredibly grateful (probably spent a good 15 hours trying to figure this out only to hit a dead-end).