Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#652408 11/04/19 01:22 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, I'm playing on Ubuntu 16.04. I tried to load a save mid-game and it failed, sending me to the main menu with error codes 304, 116. The version of the game I have is the enhanced edition, patch v2.0.119.430

Can someone please help? Thanks!

Support
Support

Errors 304 and 116 are both problems loading the story.

Can you load the save(s) from the main menu?

If you have earlier saves, can they be loaded / reloaded without giving these errors?

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the 'Larian Studios' folder in your home directory and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Linux user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam cloud support enabled, Steam would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS EE, and create a new profile. Check if you can start a new game and save/load. If that works, exit and copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's savegames_patch folder folder. If the saves can be loaded/reloaded, move the rest of the saves over.
If a new profile doesn't help, delete the new D:OS EE folder and rename the original back again.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard