Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
blaisem Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, this is my first time playing a game from the Divinity: Original Sin series.

I recently passed the Hollow Marsh and boarded the Lady Vengeance ship.

I discovered Alexander was still alive, being held prisoner in the ship below deck. This doesn't sit well with my avatar, so I opened his prison and force-attack killed him.

Does this break the game or have severe story consequences down the road, or can I more or less safely continue on this path and experience the game's story as usual? On a scale of 1-3, killing Alexander in this manner results in:

1: A terribly compromised game experience that ruins the story. Core story elements are irrevocably lost.

2: Loss of some minor story events, but the core story remains perfectly intact.

3: Killing him is a choice anticipated by the game writers, so the story was written to accommodate this roleplaying decision. Killing him unlocks new events that wouldn't otherwise exist. I've merely opted into one viable path for experiencing the storyline.

Vague and brief answers are welcome. My biggest priority is avoiding any hint of spoilers. I'm mostly only posting to make sure I'm not destroying the entire playthrough quality (like if I see a lot of responses here with 1's).

Thanks very much for your time!

Last edited by vometia; 15/04/19 08:36 AM. Reason: formatting
veteran
veteran
3. Killing Alexander there doesn't break the game.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard