Print Thread
D
Dags Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hey guys,

I am completely new to the modding scene and have hardly any experience in doing what I want to do here.

What I want to do:
-Import a custom 3D model (might be good to know how to export one of their models into maya to get the right sizing)
-Implement it in the game as a new weapon.

I have found a post that goes through adding custom items into the game, but so far I haven't found anything relating to importing custom models. Has anyone tried this yet for Div 2?

Thanks for your time!

addict
addict
Hey Dags,

Our guide is still being written, but the basics and an example sword are already available on here

CTRL+K the elf
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi, I am stuck as well, I did a 3D model katana it has materials and everything, and I saw the guide my first item the sharp stuff I think is something like that and the one for exporting in YouTube, for the heriarchy, i change the mesh of a 2h sword for my katana mesh but it doesn’t seem to work, I export the model and in the engine I put the resources thing, I add a pack I click on add resources it add the name of the katana I right click the name and it’s empty it doesn’t have anything no object or materials, I did it with one of the Larian weapons and it did work.
Do I need to make a whole new heriarchy? Or can I use the existing one by changing only the mesh or any other node? I am really stuck, a more detailed guide about what to change in the heriarchy or how to make a heriarchy would be great, also the exporter isn’t working I did my data path change I saved and everything and is not working, I need to make it manual and I don’t know if that is the problem. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Driarenem; 27/04/19 06:18 PM. Reason: Needed to add more things to make it more understandable.

Wake up to the truth, is the only way to save humanity.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard