Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ses Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey! I know, title is dumb, but i dunno how to fill it. Sooo.

This is possible, to change/edit tags on currently character, mod, tool? Playing this game using custom hero no make sense because they dont have own questline and most of best diallogs are belong to us (origin heroes of course) , like loshe. I spend half of day to try edit my character, and, cheat table null, achievements enabler didint work, save game editor 1.60 also, Converter, this one work, but while i load edited save, game say my file is changed blah blah blah, i can play, but someone use this before? Achievements work? My file are is int corruped or something? I read before playing with mods disable achi, but disabling mod after this can re-enable achievements, someone tested this?

Only i want is SCHOLAR/OUTLAW tag to better fill my roleplay experience, but only on preset characters (origin heros). I dont want use cheat mod, debugtools in game, only one/two more tag or ability to change preset character tags but without disabling achievements.

I buy this game 3 days ago and playing 111 minutes, if i cant create custom character with origin character tag or add some tags to origin hero i feel like 50% of best dialogs cut from my game. I love original sin, tags mechanic to, but this fnck me up so hard i cant change this i do refund if it's not possible anymore. :(
I hope you understood me, english is faraway from my native language.

Support
Support

Outlaw and Scholar tags should be available in character creation for custom characters.

The tampering or corruption error means that at some point the checksum value when loading a save did not match the value created when the save was made. Since you did actually change the data, that means the checksum value (calculated across all of the save data) will change. Once this check fails a flag is set in the save, so any saves made after that point will always give this warning.

Ses Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks mate, yea i thing this work this way, somelike in paradox games, but otherwise, anything change? Edited = no achievements? My game can broke anytime?
Yes i know i can, but like i say, playing custom in dos2 no make sense cause these characters dont have own questline and dialogs. Also i cant put origin hero tag to custom character, that sad, because i think larian can do this better, full customization or dont customize tags at all and do like others games where you can say something based onn your stats. Loshe, Red Prince, they have so fun dialogues, cutted if i create loshe like custom and for example, if i chose to play lone wolf, i cant do loshe questline because she "must" have scholar tag to do that. Kinda weird.

Support
Support

As far as I know editing a save wouldn't affect achievements. I have not tried playing with mods, removing them and testing achievements.

The game doesn't know why the save data changed, just that it did. Editing it shouldn't cause any problems that are not directly related to the edit.

Loshe's quest shouldn't require the scholar tag. Custom characters can not start with hero/villain tags, but they can be acquired (see here, for example).
The game was designed first for origin characters. The Kickstarter added additional origins, and eventually custom characters were added, for those who wanted greater customization (and obviously, no specific backgrounds or quests, just the added dialogue options due to the chosen tags).

Ses Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So i still have chance to play my own way without issues?

This is what a say, because origin character have they own dialogue AND from tags but custom heroes only from character creator generic tags. That mean origin 1 unique and 2 generic tags, more options mean MORE FUN, custom only 2 generic, less options, mean LESS FUN, excluding race and gender. In others games, you also cant say everything, if you goto high intelligence you cant say dumb thinks, eg: fallouts, but chose preset character does not prevent from using unique dialogue, your choices in game define what you can to say. Many of games dont let you do thinks like this at all and they are still great, they do not give the illusion of playing you own character. Problem i have with dos2 is it, game prevent me from use outlaw dialogue while i chose Loshe but also prevent from using Loshe dialogue while i chose custom character with outlaw tag, so after all... unnecessarily overdone, in my opinion.

But really thanks! If you right and i think you are, im gonna try edit this save, add tag and play without worries about potentially corrupted save file.

Support
Support

As far as I know it shouldn't cause a problem. IIRC there is a hat in the game that adds the scholar tag while it is equipped, and a mod that adds all the tags (though that would disable achievements... I think there is also a mod to enable achievements when using mods).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard