Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Support
Support

In the exit conformation window, did you try just hitting Enter?

If you create a new profile and start a new game, do you have the same problem?

Try verifying local files:
In the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

With the App Store version, or GOG without using Galaxy:

Terminal
bash-3.2$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
bash-3.2$ codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

This takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

stranger
stranger
I tried not only to start a new game but uninstalled and downloaded DOS2 again. I run into the same problems in a new game I started. I found that I could work the conversation by hitting return after lining up what I wanted to say with the mouse. However, mouse would not click the button. The same was true with the exit windows--I could line up with the mouse but could not click. Hitting enter caused the action to happen. I tried continuing, but found that I could not click on spells I wanted to cast or anything in the hot bar. I couldn't manipulate objects like boxes. My old saves were still existing, so it would appear that the uninstall did not delete local files.

I checked the validity of local files and they all validated. I am on Steam.

Support
Support

You should also be able to use the number keys to make dialogue selections (at least '1' should work when there are no options, just 'continue').

Is the problem with boxes just in the inventory, or when they are in the game world, as well? Do you have any problem selecting a place on the ground to move, or using ladders/stairs/etc?

Do you have mouse gestures enabled, etc?
Try pressing the Cmd key on startup, and see if there are any mouse related options (in D:OS EE, at least, there was a 'Precise mouse tracking' options which could fix a couple of issues).

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Fullscreen or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different OSX user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2 DE, create a new profile, start a new game and see if you have the same problem. If a new game is ok, exit and then copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ../Savegames/Story folder. If that lets you load the saves and select dialogue options, etc, move the rest of the saves over.
If that doesn't help, delete the new Documents D:OS 2 folder and rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
The restart after renaming the old subfolder and creating a new profile, then moving a couple of the old saved games into the new folder worked. All functions are back and I didn't lose any progress. If you would like the old folder, I can send it to you.

Thanks for your help.

Support
Support

Yes, please do zip the old folder and email it to supportdos2@larian.com (you don't need to leave any save folders), with a link to your post here.

stranger
stranger
Hi, I played for a couple of hours today on my Mac and now upon relaunching the game all my Saves are gone - while my profile still exists, I don't have the option to click "Continue" as it is greyed out.

I launched the game from GOG Galaxy. In the Client the Cloud Saves was/is ticked and I wonder if somehow my savefiles got deleted due to some synchronization error? When I click on the download arrow of the client in the bottom left there is an entry "Saves backup: Divinity Original Sin 2 - ..." and below that it says Failed.

Is there any way for me to restore my saves? If not, how do I prevent this from happening again? Any help would be much appreciated!

Support
Support

If you select Story in the main menu, and then Load Campaign, is the save list empty in the load window?

Check the save folder to see if the saves are there, but not showing up in-game for some reason. If you switched OSX user accounts, that could account for the saves not being listed, but in that case Galaxy shouldn't have just synced the profile and not the saves.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
You can try searching your hard drive for *.lsv files, in case the saves got moved somehow.

You can disable cloud saves for the game in Galaxy. A failed backup shouldn't remove the local saves, though, or syncing if there are no online saves, I would think.

I don't suppose you have any backups of your Documents folder after the play session but before restarting the game? That would require a conveniently timed scheduled backup, or a backup or sync program monitoring the Documents folder.

You can try recovering the (presumably) deleted saves, but the more you use a system after files are deleted, the less likely they can be fully recovered.
https://www.ibeesoft.com/recover-data/recover-deleted-files-on-mac.html

stranger
stranger
Hi!

I'm playing with a Mac mini 2018 with a EGPU Vega 64 and I have strange horizontal lines in the boat at the beginning when I have "Lighting Quality" set to High. If I turn it to Medium they disappear. They don't appear with my MacBook Pro 2017. I have pictures to show the effect, but I don't know how to upload them here.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

Support
Support

This is a known issue with Vega graphics, which should be fixed in a future update (no ETA yet).

stranger
stranger
Thanks

stranger
stranger
Hi!

MacOS Steam is giving me "invalid platform" when I attempt to install

I appear to meet the minimum requirements, is there anything in my spec that's preventing installation, or is this a Steam issue? Any known workaround if so?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Support
Support

It looks like a Steam issue, since the game should support your system.

Did you try logging out of Steam, rebooting, restarting Steam and logging back in?

What is your OS version number, Mac model identifier and early/mid/late year indicator?

stranger
stranger
Is there any update yet on this working with the Mac Pro 2010, please?

Support
Support

There were 2010/2012 AVX2 fixes included with the last game update (3.6.44.4046), on Steam and GOG. We are working with Apple to add support for AVX/SSE instructions for older CPUs with the App Store version, as well, but there is no ETA yet for that.

stranger
stranger
I recently picked up the game. I'm playing on a 13" MacBookPro 12,1 using a Steam Controller. Whenever a text input pops up in the game (e.g. setting up a profile at the beginning or naming a save game) the Steam keyboard overlay appears. However, it's very unresponsive and typing letters never works. The real keyboard is also disabled while using a controller. So there's no way to type anything in game. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution? This happens both with stable Steam and with beta.

Support
Support

If you disable the Steam overlay, that should eliminate the keyboard overlay, and hopefully allow keyboard input. Exit out of Big Picture Mode, and in the Steam library right click the game and select Properties, then switch to the General tab and uncheck that option.

I'll check if this is a known issue. It works fine here, in Windows (overlay input is responsive, and keyboard input is not blocked).

stranger
stranger
Thanks. I tried this, unfortunately if I disable the overlay the controller doesn't seem to be detected by the game, it launches in keyboard/mouse mode and the controller doesn't do much but emulate a mouse. Not sure if it's Steam updates but the overlay keyboard seems responsive now, but it still won't actually let me input anything. Clicking letters causes the autosuggest bar to show some options, but no matter whether clicking keys or one of the suggested words, they just disappear and don't make their way back to the game.

Support
Support

Are you launching the game from Big Picture Mode, and is the Steam controller set to a controller profile?
At least when I tested here in Windows, it was still recognized as a controller by the game with the overlay disabled, and I could load a game, open the save window and enter text without the overlay keyboard. There was a warning on the game page about the overlay being disabled and some functions unavailable, but I didn't notice any issues in the short time I tested.

If you hold Cmd when starting the game in BPM and check in the Controller tab, is the Steam controller listed there?

SPX Offline
stranger
stranger
Hi--just wondering if there is any hope/update re NVIDIA graphics cards?

Support
Support

It is my understanding that Apple no longer supports nvidia graphics cards, at least in part due to their poor Metal support.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard