Print Thread
How does Incarnate's elemental types scale? #652510
27/04/19 10:25 PM
27/04/19 10:25 PM
blaisem Offline OP
stranger
blaisem  Offline OP
stranger

Trying to build a summoner and I've been looking all over for whether leveling my pyro/hydro/geo/aero skill levels will improve the corresponding elemental type of my incarnate. Best I found was this paragraph from this thread:

"What I meant by the incarnate's skill in a school is tjis: Every incarnate gains your current skill level in all elements. So if you have 5 pyro, a pyro incarnate will have 5. BUT all infused incarnates have a bonus to their specific school as well. So that fire incarnate would have your 5 skill points + 3 for a total of 8.You can go a hydro pyro focus if you want, it wont bring your abilities down, I just preferred geo/aero myself. Aero is harder to pull off as far as summoning wise, but its utility, and its singular ability to remove ANY AND ALL surfaces is insane. Don't ignore it."

But it's dated 2017.

Is there any reason related to my summoned incarnate, or any other summon to level up non-summoning skills? If there is scaling, is the scaling affected by whether I summon my incarnate from a surface or infuse it?

Thank you!

Re: How does Incarnate's elemental types scale? [Re: blaisem] #652620
18/05/19 12:22 AM
18/05/19 12:22 AM
Wisconsin
W
WINoodles Offline
stranger
WINoodles  Offline
stranger
W

Wisconsin
In my opinion, you are approaching the idea of the Incarnate incorrectly. Before initiating a combat, check the opposition to see what they are most vulnerable to. Summon an incarnate based on that. To be more specific, if creatures in an encounter are resistant or immune to fire damage, putting points into Pyro in an attempt to buff an Incarnate summoned from fire will be useless. In such a case, it is likely the creatures will have water vulnerability and summoning a water Incarnate will be best.
Given this, after maxing out Summoning, either select skills that will allow your character to deal damage or pump up leadership to buff the Incarnates resistances. If you are at a loss, put a couple points into Aero as Teleport is arguably the best utility spell in the game both in and out of combat. Put a point into Pyro to pick up Peace of Mind and Haste to buff the Incarnate. Put a couple points into Warfare to Enrage the Incarnate.