Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I think Larian is the best company out there to make BG3, period.

Larian is a developer that showed people out there you can have a great narrative driven game WITH co-op.

Ask most players out there and they will say you can´t have good story on a game (specially RPGs) unless it´s single player only. I always thought this argument atrocious, especially because I played BG back in the day with my friends in co-op.

I have been following the recent Avenger´s game announcement (which led me here) and those guys decided to make the whole story campaign in single player because they think co-op wouldn´t fit, and lots of players agree, which is a shame.

See, imagine a Superhero game, based on a team, and the devs don´t think co-op would fit in the story, only on side missions. Makes no sense to me.

Then I look at Larian and I think how great of a company this is. These guys don´t take the easy road... they go the extra mile to please both single player and co-op players audience. They even said that RPGs, in fact, SHOULD have co-op.

I imagine making a co-op RPG game with so many dialogues and possibilities is very VERY challenging, so I take my hats off to these guys!

You may never played Divinity in co-op at all, but I did and I think it´s even better than single player, so I recommend you to try BG3 with some friends.

Sometimes we are too harsh on some games, but Larian deserves all the praise. I feel they brought back the golden age of RPGs

I´ve been talking to some friends that also like RPGs and Larian and they are all confident Larian will deliver a great BG3 experience, both single player and co-op

Cheers

Last edited by Rafoca; 14/06/19 12:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
I strongly disagree that the D:OS games had good narrative/story. Larian has a very long way to go from the D:OS2 narrative to making a BG game that earns its name.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Rafoca
I have been following the recent Avenger´s game announcement (which led me here) and those guys decided to make the whole story campaign in single player because they think co-op wouldn´t fit, and lots of players agree, which is a shame.

See, imagine a Superhero game, based on a team, and the devs don´t think co-op would fit in the story, only on side missions. Makes no sense to me.

you should check out mua3 if you want co-op superhero action. switch exclusive tho. other than that, yeah larian's the chosen of the lord, savior of rpg. in larian we trust.

insane yet?
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cokomantis
Originally Posted by Rafoca

you should check out mua3 if you want co-op superhero action. switch exclusive tho. other than that, yeah larian's the chosen of the lord, savior of rpg. in larian we trust.

I´ve been watching MUA 3 videos and I like it, but Avengers is a superhero game that I always wanted. It´s like MUA in third person, but the fact they are doing that with co-op disappointed me.

And, yes Larian is full of amazing developers. I love how it´s leader is so passionate about his projects smile

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard