Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#653032 17/06/19 11:48 AM
Hawke Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Please, Larian bring back good character editors, the once in recent games were incredibly shallow and only allowed you to choose between a few faces and hair colours. I want sliders for every facial feature, different eyes, mouths and noses to choose from. And of course, there should be a big selection of hairs from short to really long to choose from.

Baldurs Gate 3's Character editor should be at least as good as the one from Dragon Age Origins from 10 years ago but I hope for a lot more options.

Last edited by Hawke; 17/06/19 11:53 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Don't remember in DOS1 but in DOS2 you could change between head, hair, beard, hair colour and skin colour, which I think it is personally quite fine (only thing I would have wanted was more models, as well as perhaps facial accessories, eye-patch, ear-rings, etc). If this is to be an isometric game then I don't think it is necessary to invest time in making a Skyrim-style face slider. Personally I really dislike it, and would prefer good premade heads rather than having to use tedious amount of time sculpting a face.

Last edited by deserk; 17/06/19 12:48 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Actually I wasn't that impressed by the character creator in Oranges. Not least as it was practically impossible to see what your character looked like given the terrible lighting, but even having redone it several times in the editor, they always seemed to look basically the same in game.

I'm not 100% convinced I ever encountered a character creator I was entirely happy with, though. DA2 was just as bad, as were all of the Mass Effects. FO3 and Skyrim were a bit like trying to manipulate moulding clay with chopsticks while wearing boxing gloves. Oblivion and FO4 were a bit better but I suspect only if that's what you were looking for, and still fiddly. Saints Row in its various forms was claimed to be awesome but seemed to suffer the same sort of thing. Same with Sims.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to see more options with the Original Sins but I suppose at least they saved me the bother of spending ages trying to get my character looking just right only to discover I couldn't do it and it didn't make much difference anyway.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
More styling and customization to armor / clothing is very welcome! In Baldur's gate EE you can now pick between tons of colours, very cool. Too bad the armor always have to stay brownish if its leather for example.

S
veteran
veteran
S
It realy depends on the perspective.
If its isometric, something like OS2 is perfectly sufficient to me. Especialy if you get the option for Portraits like in all traditional DnD games.
Now lets say we get an action combat game in the vein of Divinity 2? Yeah, i definitly want a proper character creator in that case.

That beeing said, i prefer all the core races to be in the game over having the most robust character creator.

apprentice
apprentice
I wish the game had robust character creation (better faces please! Divinity has a lot of ugly faces) and costume customization.
Example, If I want to create an evil character, I want to be able to have a dark appearance. 🙁
And please, beautiful Elfs!

Last edited by Erwin Smith; 14/09/19 11:41 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard