Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
veteran
veteran
According to Swen, no, it isn´t

Vincke: I expect players to spends 100 hours, if they go through everything. We’re making it a more a length to what we had in DOS2, its hard to tell until everything is done but I would say approximately 100 hours.

I think i spent 100 hours only in character creation XDD

A
addict
addict
A
Turn based combat can easily jack up to few hundred hours even without much combat content as the game will be really slow. That's what I really hate about turn based.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Den of Geek

How Baldur's Gate 3 Will Usher in a New Era of Dungeons & Dragons
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/pc-gaming/282096/baldurs-gate-3-dungeons-and-dragons

veteran
veteran
It is good to know that they are working side by side with WoTC to make the game. But they also stated that they are going to make a videogame and they will cater to DoS fans too. This is not necessarily bad.

Last edited by _Vic_; 09/07/19 03:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
In this article Vincke specifically says they will stay true to 5e rules as closely as possible, and that the gameplay will feel like a D&D 5e game. This is the first real good news I have heard, because if they stay true to D&D 5e rules then by definition the gameplay cannot feel like D:OS2.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kanisatha
In this article Vincke specifically says they will stay true to 5e rules as closely as possible, and that the gameplay will feel like a D&D 5e game. This is the first real good news I have heard, because if they stay true to D&D 5e rules then by definition the gameplay cannot feel like D:OS2.

It also by definition can't be exclusively RtWP.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Here is another new interview.
It talks about how closely the game will follow the PHB and D$D 5E rules and why.

Den of Geeks
Baldur's Gate 3 interview: developers tease new era of Dungeons & Dragons
INTERVIEWBernard Boo
Jul 11, 2019

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/games/...rs-tease-new-era-of-dungeons-and-dragons

veteran
veteran
Different titles but exactly the same article.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Interview with Writer Adam Lee of WotC with DNDBeyond.

Talks about the lore of Mind Flayers.

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/07/dd-flay-some-minds-lore-of-the-illithid.html

veteran
veteran
In this interview, in 7.40 the interviewer asked Swen Vinke about the origins stories in DoS2 and if they will make a comeback in bg3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57vTyM-iE4

Swen answered (loosely translated) " It´s a system that will evolve. One of the things that they focus on is the party and personal stories. It was explored [in DoS2] but it was not really explored as I would have wanted. In this game, Gather your party will be one of the pillars of the game. The party will be important. Party will be important but also the Hero [singular] . Each Hero has the story of their origin if you choose that but you can also obviously make your story anyway".

He also repeats that will be based in D&D 5e, and it would be faithful to the tabletop but since it is a videogame some adaptation would be needed. No further details on combat.

Last edited by _Vic_; 13/07/19 02:46 AM.
old hand
old hand
Interesting. Is each member of the party a hero or is there 1 hero? Perhaps heroes are what they call any character in the party who is not a companion?

veteran
veteran
He said "´the hero", not "the heroes" or "one of the heroes" but could be possible it´s lost in translation.

Last edited by _Vic_; 13/07/19 04:46 PM.
old hand
old hand
"Each Hero has the story of their origin if you choose that but you can also obviously make your story anyway".

Each Hero suggests multiple heroes otherwise it would be The Hero. Perhaps heroes are what they call the starter characters, which can be premade characters like DOS 2 Companions or made by the player.

Or maybe I'm wrong and their is a single main character.

I wonder if what he's talking about is anything like Dragon Age: Origins and how the race/class you chose at the beginning dictated the opening areas and which prologue you got until a certain point is reached?

Not familiar with the DOS2 origin stories. Is it the same thing?

veteran
veteran

In short in DoS2 you can play as one of the companions available to you in the game. You have his/her background and you have a different subplot related to your past that you usually cannot see in full if you have it as a companion. The other ones (and random mercenaries you can hire) are available to recruit to your party. You can talk, hire, have a companion quest, romance... the other companions. Only when you start the game you can shape the story of one of them or make a new character.
It is like the Dao Origin stories, a background subplot you only have if you choose to be this character; only that in the next game this character can be your companion. You can choose your class and attributes but you have a fixed past, race, sex, voice and name. You can choose betwen 6 different origins or create a brand new one from scratch.

In DoS2 for example, if you play as Sebille the god that "helps" you is of the Elven Pantheon, and you can seek revenge on your kidnappers and fulfill (or not) the destiny someone took from you. If you start as Ifan you are a human assassin hired to kill the son of a god while you try to make peace with your past. The human god is the one that gives you powers.
The main plot is almost the same for all of them and your custom character.

Think of it as if you can play as Imoen at the start of the Baldur´s gate game in candlekeep, play as Sarevok , etc... or create a new baalspawn, son of Gorion and raised in Candlekeep.

Last edited by _Vic_; 15/07/19 06:41 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
it should be noted that you can still make choices if you play as an origin character, you arent literaly an NPC

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Not nessessarly a new interview, But an announcement of Google Stadia doing an AMA on Reddit.

https://fextralife.com/google-stadia-will-be-hosting-its-first-ama-on-reddit/

What is interesting is that it is saying that Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be available at launch in November.

They recently also shared their pricing plan which will go live in November. The platform will have 28 games available at launch which includes some notable titles including Baldur’s Gate 3, Destiny 2 and Final Fantasy XV.

Here is the Stadia announcement at Stadia Connect 6.6.2019 saying that Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be available with their launch.

Does this mean that Stadia is going to get the game first?
Are Stadia users going to be the beta testers of the game?
Is Baldur's Gate 3 going to play differently on the Stadia platorm given that there physics engine is better than the PC?

So they are really going to release this in November and we still know virtually nothing about it other than things that clearly point to an OS2 clone ....

Wow.... I hope this site is maxing out on it's advertising because I know plenty will be checking daily, waiting for that combat reveal.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Not nessessarly a new interview, But an announcement of Google Stadia doing an AMA on Reddit.

https://fextralife.com/google-stadia-will-be-hosting-its-first-ama-on-reddit/

What is interesting is that it is saying that Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be available at launch in November.

They recently also shared their pricing plan which will go live in November. The platform will have 28 games available at launch which includes some notable titles including Baldur’s Gate 3, Destiny 2 and Final Fantasy XV.

Here is the Stadia announcement at Stadia Connect 6.6.2019 saying that Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be available with their launch.

Does this mean that Stadia is going to get the game first?
Are Stadia users going to be the beta testers of the game?
Is Baldur's Gate 3 going to play differently on the Stadia platorm given that there physics engine is better than the PC?

It would be cool to have a bg3 sample so early, but in every newsfeed and interview, they confirmed that the game will not be ready until 2020-2021. This video was released before E3 and all the details and interviews about BGIII, so I think it's a mistake or marketing tactics.
Surely tomorrow they will ask about this.

ED: Potentially the streaming platforms like Stadia or Microsoft Xcloud have much more computing power than consoles or a lone pc, so BG3 can push boundaries in the Stadia, but I hope they will give a lower-requirements version because my 5 yo pc can barely cope with hig-end requirements, and I don't think I am the only one that has a work Pc, not a gaming pc =P

https://www.techradar.com/news/stad...now-about-googles-game-streaming-service

Last edited by _Vic_; 17/07/19 03:34 PM.
L
addict
addict
L
Interesting as other interviews just say dg3 will come to stadia at some point. Larian did say they tripled their staff. Has their been any rumours of beta testing?
I had little interest in stadia but if that allows to even only join beta game testing I'll pay to try.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard