Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 57 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by MeToLee
Hello. First of all I want to thank you for all the amazing games you guys developed. I love all of them and finished them all at one time or another. Now I found myself an excuse to return Original Sin because now its Enhanced and I'm really happy smile I finished the Classic before in enhanced so I wanted to challenge myself with honour mode and Lone Wolf for the first time but I'm having a rather annoying bug. After I... well... died to lovely Incandescent Wanderer's death explosion I had to restart the game. Some areas are in my new game appear to be explored already. Namely Homestead and Blackcove. In Black Cove containers appear searched traps disabled and in Homesteads case Hanneman not appearing (I had more then enough perception) because it already found in the game before (and thats not the only secret that wont appear because its already found once). I looked for an answer on the internet and I found these two links that are explaining what happened to me but when I try their solutions it doesnt work for me:

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=652146 Deleting LevelCache did nothing for me.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/373420/discussions/0/1835685838080390633/

is there a way to fix this?

Anyone having the same problem as me I know this isn't much of a fix but deleting everything related to the game including and especially Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition file and redownloading the game fix my problem. That gave me a start with a fresh profile and everything worked ok.

THIS DOESNT WORK.

Last edited by MeToLee; 12/07/19 01:24 AM.

When you're in the Hall of Echoes, could you tell a soul called Amdusias 'Maxos! and say it was I who sent you? He'll know what it means.
Support
Support

Most likely the level files for the Black Cove and homestead were carried into the new game from the main level cache folder. Extracting the contents of the save file and deleting/moving the files for those regions would allow the game to load the default versions, which would hopefully avoid any issues up to that point (since with an honour mode save you wouldn't have the option of reloading an earlier save, before first entering); just resetting the file after already exploring part of an area could cause problems with resetting opponents, duplicate items, etc.

This can be done with the EE pak extractor (download), if you still have a copy of your save.
After starting the ConverterApp.exe program, switch to the 'PAK / LSV Tools' tab, in the 'Extract Package' section, for the 'Package path' browse to the save's lsv file, then for the 'Destination path' browse to that or another profile's savegames_patch folder and enter a new folder for the extracted files (you can copy/paste the path from the path listed above and edit it; ie to be '..\savegames_patch\SaveName-extracted') and click the 'Extract Package' button.
After renaming or deleting the cys_blackcove.lsf and homestead.lsf files from the levelcache folder (and any others from later regions), you can load the extracted save, and hopefully continue from there.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for your reply. I did what you said I extracted \Savegames_patch\HonourMode\HonourMode.lsv to a path like this: \Savegames_patch\HonourModeExtracted\ and followed your instruction about deleting the cys_blackcove.lsf and homestead.lsf files from the levelcache folder but I'm not sure how to load the extracted save. Do I need to use create package part of the program?

When you're in the Hall of Echoes, could you tell a soul called Amdusias 'Maxos! and say it was I who sent you? He'll know what it means.
stranger
stranger
I had no idea you can just load the extracted file because I'm a total disaster when it comes to computers smile just loaded HonourModeExtracted and rushed to Evelyn and did her small side quest to teleport to homestead and it worked thank you very much!

Support
Support

I'm glad you got it working.

stranger
stranger
Hi, i think i bugged my "End of time". After opening the first portal (hire warriors) ZixZax bugged out and is just standing there, telling us to leap through. Reloaded severall times but we cant get him to open another portal. In my bag there are 3 inert stone and one bloodstone. At least three portal should have been opened by now, am i right?

Any chance to fix this ? I want to finish DOS 1 so I can start DOS 2.

Support
Support

In the Hall of Heroes, did you speak to the NPC sitting at the table, about half way down? If not, do so; if so, enter the Hall of Heroes, and with a main character selected as leader, use the portal to return to the main section of the homestead. The latter is required for each portal, but I think the Hall of Heroes is the only one where a main character needs to be in the lead.

apprentice
apprentice
@CaBr2
I may have misunderstood your post but in my game ZixZax never follows you through into the new room. He'll just stand there until you enter the portal, and when you return to the main hall he should be sitting next to the Weaver having a convo and asking for her autograph. Of course, if he's still standing there by the portal asking you to jump through when you've just returned from there then that's not what's supposed to happen...
Zixzax will never open new portals for you, you open them yourself by activating star stones or using bloodstones. Just having a bloodstone in your inventory doesn't trigger a new portal, it needs to be used.

Last edited by Hayashi.226; 18/07/19 01:14 AM.
Support
Support

Having 3 inert stones is enough that Zixzax should move to the next portal once the Hall of Heroes has been completed. Unlike the later portals, you need to initiate the dialogue with the NPC there, rather than have it trigger automatically when you enter far enough.

stranger
stranger
@Hayashi.226 my starstones turns into inert stone immediately and only one portal open by now.

@Raze I spoke to NPC, and I even bought a fighter from him.

Support
Support

Not that one; speak to the NPC sitting at the table.

stranger
stranger
@Raze i speak to Arhu and Weaver of Time, exhaust all possible options, nothing happened.

Support
Support

Return to the Hall of Heroes, head down the stairs and half way along the dining table and speak to the NPC seated there (on the opposite side of the table, with the camera at the default orientation). Check the mini-map for the green dot, and listen for comments being made. Then return to the main section of the homestead with a main character still in the lead.

stranger
stranger
@Raze OMG, it worked. Thank you so much. Last question; now step by step portals (number of my inert stone) will open, right?

apprentice
apprentice
As you discover star stones in your journey, they will activate (becoming inert stones) and a new portal will open. Bloodstones however must first be used, unlike star stones when merely approaching one would activate it. Bloodstones remain as bloodstones even in your inventory until you use it.
Hint: I'd hoard some bloodstones if I were you. They are incredibly useful and there are a couple of points in the story where you have the option of using them on NPCs.

Support
Support

Yes, with 3 inert stones, once you left the Hall of Heroes, Zixzax should have ran across to the opposite portal site and opened the Inner Chamber. The first opened the homestead itself (observatory where you started) and the second the Hall of Heroes.

As Hayashi.226 stated, there are 2 situations where you have the option of using a blood stone (through dialogue) to heal others: this will still heal / resurrect party members, give experience and open another portal in the homestead, as applicable.

stranger
stranger
Hello, Larian team!

A couple of months ago I've submitted a few D:OS bugs through support form on Larian main page, but I didn't get any reply. I'm not sure if there are any patches planned for D:OS, given all focus of the team seems to be on D:OS2. Please confirm it is still reasonable to report bugs for D:OS and expect some patches rather than workarounds on a forum (BTW it seems Raze does a huge work on this, thanks to him for all the efforts!).

Here are the issues I wanted to address:
1. Sometimes in a battle it could appear the situation like this: during my turn I move a pointer to the enemy (for usual weapon attack), but cursor starts flipping between attack and move actions back and forth (while poniter itself stays on the same point at screen), so It's hard to catch correct time to click for attack (in fact I expect only attack option to appear, given the pointer is clearly placed on enemy body). Here is a link to the video, the pointer itself was not captured by some reason. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQETIdjTwDFUwqRyZ55C5U3MByH8HW9A

2. In the same example above, you can see that Madora HP level shown at the top horizontal line of move order cards is not in sync with left vertical line of party members. I’m not sure if this is by design.

Autosave before the battle (sorry, I didn't save the battle itself, and I can’t reproduce the 1st bug using this save anymore, but I’m sure it was more than a single case in a game): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yKcY8Soa0TujJ01XMl5zn1G5HtvwMBAn

My environment: 2.0.119.430 build, Win10, NVidia 740m

Support
Support

There was an issue with the support form where it wasn't actually forwarding some submissions to the support email, so it was removed from the support page. I am not seeing any email to support with your forum email or user name, so it appears that was the case for your reports.

1. Does moving the cursor fix this problem? It sounds like this is just the cursor being right at the edge of the character physics (though that should be fairly aligned with the visuals).

2. This occurs because the health bars under the side portraits are updated in real time, but the ones in the combat turn order are only updated at the start of each turn.

stranger
stranger
Hello everyone,

as allready mentioned in view posts before, i have the same problem with tenebrium. If I try to enchant a weapon with a tenebriumbar it tells me, that this combination is possible, but there's not enough tenebrium. The funny thing is, I have got 30 bars in my inventory.

Crafting- and Smithing-level ist at 5 and the character also have 1 point in the tenebrium-skill.

Any other weaponmodifcations are working, but not the enchantment with tenebrium. :(

I'm playing the Steamversion, using Win7.

I hope there's a way to fix it.

Thx a alot!

greetings,
GreyWolf

Last edited by GreyWolf; 23/09/19 06:19 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

There was an issue with the support form where it wasn't actually forwarding some submissions to the support email, so it was removed from the support page. I am not seeing any email to support with your forum email or user name, so it appears that was the case for your reports.

1. Does moving the cursor fix this problem? It sounds like this is just the cursor being right at the edge of the character physics (though that should be fairly aligned with the visuals).

2. This occurs because the health bars under the side portraits are updated in real time, but the ones in the combat turn order are only updated at the start of each turn.

Thanks for reply!

1. No, it seems that cursor was above the character shape all the time, and it happened a few times only on some Zombies in Cyceal, I think a I had no issues with other types of enemies. Anyway, when I started new game from scratch (just to start with different skills base and Classic mode instead of Tactics) - the issue didn't appear. So the video I captured can be used if you guys will get similar reports from other users and if you will need some examples for investigation.

2. Goit it, thanks!

I have a few more questions:
3. I faced such a case in a battle a few times: I use a scroll of Rain in order to extinguish my burning character and at the same time I try to not extinguish some burning enemy, so I choose the area of spell such as my character is highlighted (as going to be affected by the spell) and enemy character is not highlighted (which is what I need), but the enemy stays just at the edge of the spell area, and when I actually click to spell - both my character and enemy are distinguished. Does it mean that highlighting is not precise and characters at the edge of spell area are possibly can be affected as well? I'm totally fine if this is by design.

4. Does description of Bodybuilding savings list a full set of spells it relays to? I saw in battle logs one time, that the enemy resisted to Divine Light through Bodybuilding. However, I didn't see this spell in Bodybuilding description. Again, it's fine if this is by design, so the player should logically uderstand if spell relates to Bodybuilding or Willpower.

Page 53 of 57 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard