Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi everybody,

Sorry If I posted this thread in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to do so.

I'm a console Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition player and I would like to play it on a laptop too.
I wanted to know if some of you are playing it on a laptop and which one precisely. I want the game to look as good as the PS4 version, and maybe play later on future games like Divinity Fallen Heroes and the next Baldur's Gate.

I found a not that expensive laptop which I think is good enough to run DOS2DE. What do you think ?
https://www.materiel.net/produit/201806200105.html

Thank you for your advices and comments.
Have a nice day !

Support
Support

It should easily be able to handle D:OS 2 DE. The GPU matches the performance of the recommended one, so I would expect Fallen Heroes should be fine, as well (though no minimum or recommended specs have been finalized/announced).
RAM is fine (personally I'd bump it to the max of 16GB), as is the CPU.

I think this will probably get more visibility in the general forum, so will move it there (from the technical problems forum).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for your answer !
I just ordered it.

I don't want to create another topic so I'm gonna ask another question here.
I'm not originally a PC gamer, so I don't know if I should buy DOS2 on Steam or on GOG, it's kind of new to me.
On what platform do you think I should ? knowing that I want to be able to play offline and I also would like to make a solo 4 members party during character creation (I saw some did it on some youtube videos)

old hand
old hand
Definitely GOG. Nice-looking, simple, friendly, to the point. Unlike Steam. Too... busy. Too many things going on and being displayed that I couldn't care less about.

I suppose they both show you the same kinds of things, essentially. A Play button, updates, achievements, deals, sales, etc. But GOG is just much easier on the eye to me.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 24/07/19 01:33 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Support
Support

GOG just has DRM free games. Steam games can be DRM free, use Steam's DRM, third party DRM or both.
GOG has a client similar to Steam, but it is optional, and you can also download the full installer and patches for games (there is an extra step involved in making the installer and patches, so the Galaxy client will usually get the game first; depending on the timing of the release, patches are usually available within one or two business days).
There are more people on Steam, so that could be a factor with multiplayer (Steam and GOG can play together with LAN or Direct Connection, but the online lobby and friend invite functions in the Steam client and Galaxy are easier, when the client and host system are using the same version).

It is possible to play offline and start multiple instances of the game to make multiple custom characters with either version of the game. Since you want to play offline, though, you may prefer GOG's approach.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think for me, Steam has a more active community, which is useful for those of us who like the "ooh, shiny!" of achievements but in more general terms I do find their tendency to love DRM and questionable licensing terms a bit much. Obviously that's not right across the board and it's not guaranteed to be the case, but IMHO it is way too often. And in all regards Steam isn't as bad as Origin, which seems to combine the worst elements of Steam and Gog into one convenient place. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard