Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
stranger
stranger
Hey team - just ticked over 30 hours on the game and loving it. Unfortunately starting to pick up some performance issues, frame rate would suddenly drop dramatically for no apparent reason (not in an intensive battle, not heaps of fire around etc.) - however, I'd reboot the application and it would be okay. I'd just made it to the Sanctuary of Amadia where it started getting really bad, so I went to restart the application but no dice...even the introductory part with the Larian logo is freezing and changing frame every 1.5-2 seconds, no improvement once you hit the menu's :(

I'm absolutely loving this game so I'd hate to just give up on it and call it quits - anything I should try?

MacBook Pro 13", 2017
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Support
Support

Have you tried any other, similarly demanding games recently? Performance problems getting worse like this could be a sign of hardware problems (possibly a failing or dirty fan causing the GPU to overheat, etc).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus, graphics utilities, etc?

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that makes a difference.
Try enabling, lowering or disabling the Vsync and frame rate cap options.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there to check.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity : Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store version, or GOG without using Galaxy:

Terminal
bash-3.2$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
bash-3.2$ codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

This takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

stranger
stranger
Awesome, will give all that a go tonight and get back to you, cheers for the help! smile

stranger
stranger
Update:

Started with verifying files, no issues there. Opened the application and was still stuttering, went into options and - as suggested above - lowered my resolution, switched it to fake fullscreen mode and lowered my vsync to none. As soon as I hit apply the issue was instantly fixed, no more stuttering as of yet.

Thanks a bunch mate, really helped me out there and I can get back to enjoying the game! Absolute legend smile

U
stranger
stranger
U
When I try to load a saved game, I get the "server shutting down" notice, and I'm taken back to the main menu. I've investigated, and this seems to be an uncommon problem, not restricted to Mac. I'm running the game natively, not on Steam.

Solutions offered on other forums suggest that there is a Debug Profile created which is causing the problem, but I don't have that in my profile list. My saves are in the in-game save folder, and also appear in the Saves folder in the Library.

I can start a new game just fine, the problem comes when I try to load a save. I've successfully loaded saves in previous sessions, but this problem occurred yesterday and persists today. By the way, clicking on the 'Continue' button doesn't work either.

I'm running the game on a new iMac, OS 10.14.6, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 48. The game makes the fan work hard, but I haven't had any other problems until now. I don't run any other apps while the game is running.

I'll open a ticket with support, but I wondered if anyone had any idea what I could try in the meantime. Thanks in advance.

Support
Support

Can you load your earlier saves, that worked before yesterday? If so, most likely there is a problem with your recent saves. In that case, please reply to the support email with your latest save, as well as the most recent working save and oldest which gives this error.

stranger
stranger
Hello! I have installed Divinity Original Sin 2 from steam but for some reason the game stops while launching and i get black screen and nothing.
I have macos High Sierra version 10.13.6
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)
CPU: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
16 gb 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 МБ

The bug report looks like:
Process: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [589]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Divinity - Original Sin 2
Identifier: com.larian.dos2
Version: 3.6.48.3268 (3.6.48.3268)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [589]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-09-05 18:47:16.702 +0300
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: F4EFE023-AB4E-7AE3-9F53-1E27D543F562

Time Awake Since Boot: 640 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000008c
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x8c:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-0000000101435000 [ 20.2M] r-x/rwx SM=COW 5 [/Users/mac/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Divinity Original Sin 2/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Divinity - Original Sin 2]

Thread 0 Crashed:: MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Do I have any chance to lauch it? :)

Support
Support

Unfortunately, your GPU does not have Metal support, so will not be able to run the game. It may be possible to upgrade the card, or use an eGPU with Metal support.
While SSE and AVX instruction support was added for 2010/2012 CPUs which do not have AVX2 support (with the Steam and GOG releases), officially iMacs (with AMD GPUs) and Mac Pro models are only supported since late 2013.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Raze

Can you load your earlier saves, that worked before yesterday? If so, most likely there is a problem with your recent saves. In that case, please reply to the support email with your latest save, as well as the most recent working save and oldest which gives this error.

Apologies for late reply, I've not been able to play until today. No saves will load. As an experiment I started a new story, went through the tutorial deck, did autosaves, a quicksave and a normal save, then quit the game. I immediately relaunched the game, and none of these saves will load either. I get a new error message now, however: it says 'savegame failed, error code [1]'.

[EDIT: I contacted support after my original post, but haven't heard back yet.]

Last edited by ursulahx; 09/09/19 10:50 AM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
Problem solved by uninstalling and reinstalling. Lost my saves, but that's OK. Game works now.

Support
Support

I replied to your support email before I replied in this topic; maybe check your spam folder.
Anyway, I'm glad you got the game working. If you have any of the previous saves you can still email support (though if the problem is something in the save itself, it may not be possible to determine what exactly caused it).

U
stranger
stranger
U
Hi, Raze. I'm very sorry, yes, your email went to spam; I've found it now. The game is working fine, but I'll keep the email you sent for future reference. Thank you for taking so much time to help. I'm afraid I don't have any of the saves from the previous install, have checked the folder you mentioned.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

The beta version has not been updated since the 2013 fixes were moved to the public release, so it wouldn't help with 2010/2012 systems. It was a public beta, available on Steam and GOG (using Galaxy).

The Windows version does not have this AVX2 issue. It also does not officially support integrated graphics, so there may be texture issues. Of course with the GPU being under the performance of the minimum requirement, a low resolution and graphics settings would likely be needed for acceptable performance.

Hopefully the additional AVX2 fixes will be ready in time for the next game update. That is still in the 'being prepared' stage, but within your definition of short term.

Hi Raze!

I purchased DOS2 through the App Store, and I'm having problems starting DOS2 on my iMac late 2012, below the specifications:

iMac Late 2012
MacOS 0.15.1 (19B88)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core

Looking around on the internet I found my CPU compatible with AVX1 and my graphics card compatible with Metal, so I was hoping it could work, but at startup the application returns the critical error related to AVX2 support.

Do you think there are hopes?

Thanks in advance and good work,

Daniele

Last edited by vometia; 01/12/19 05:59 PM. Reason: formatting
Support
Support

Support for AVX and SSE instruction sets should hopefully be included in the next game update for the App Store release.
While late 2012 iMacs should have metal support, nvidia graphics are not officially supported (it may work, or it may have texture issues or graphical artefacts, etc).

stranger
stranger
I was browsing the forums about the system requirements for Divinity Original Sin 2 but I am not sure about the compatibility of my Mac. As stated on steam the MacBookPros since end 2016 are all compatible, mine is mid-2015. As I understand the problem can be due to the graphics card which is often explained in HD 5000 or Radeon. Mine says Iris 1536… I am sorry to have to ask you directly but as I have no understanding of these technical details and don’t find the answer in the different forums I wanted to check with you if my Mac has the requirements to run the game :

MacOS High Sierra
Version 10.13.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Thank you very much for your help.

Support
Support

It should be able to run the game, at a reasonably resolutions and lower graphics settings. A couple of people reported playing the game on HD 4000 graphics (one said performance was fine, but didn't mention resolution or FPS).
However, there is a known driver issue with Intel Iris graphics (or integrated graphics in general earlier than Haswell), which was fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update. In High Sierra, there would be a red tint to all the in-game graphics, and possibly snow-like artefacts covering the screen.

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I am still having an issue with the AVX2 compatibility, please advise

Here are my specs:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Support
Support

On Steam and GOG there have been updates to add support for 2013 CPUs (AVX) and then 2010/2012 CPUs (SSE). Currently the App Store release only has support for the AVX2 instruction set, but support for older CPUs should be added soon in the next game update (which is currently being finalised for testing).
With Steam and GOG, there will also be additional fixes for 2010/2012 Xeon processors in the next update.

stranger
stranger
Cool looking forward to the MacPro Xeon patch so I can finally play the game on my Mac! any information on when this patch will be released (on Steam)?

Thanks!
Michiel.

Support
Support

This patch has been released on Steam and GOG. Are you getting an AVX2 error on startup, or a crash?

Does your GPU have Metal support? That is required in additional CPU support. Other than systems that can be upgraded, or using an eGPU with Metal support, mid 2012 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air are the earliest Mac models with Metal support; iMac and Mac mini start with late 2012, Mac Pro late 2013, and MacBook early 2015.

With a Metal capable GPU, please reply (or email supportdos2@larian.com) with your system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number, Mac model year (indicating early/mid/late) and model identifier.
Also post/email/PM a crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard