Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi all,

i would like to play D:OS 2 Defenitive Edition on one local computer and two XBOX Controllers with a friend at the same time.

(Splitscreen? or something else?)

Unfortunately i can create only one Character when i start a new Game.

How can i create a second Character at the beginning of the game?

Support
Support

After starting a new game, you should be able to press the Start button on the second controller to switch to split screen and create the second character. Make sure you have at least 2 profiles created, as the second player will need to be associated with a profile even though the saves will be kept in the first profile.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi Raze,

thank you for your answer. hehe

two more little questions.

1 - Is it possible to play on one screen without splitscreen? Or will i have alway the splitscreen, even in fights?

2 - Can the splitscreen be removed, or will the splitscreen disapear if both characters stay together side by side?
(maybe with a Mod?)

Support
Support

By default, outside of combat the screen will only split when the characters move away from each other. There is an option to always use split screen outside of combat, even when the characters are together, but no way to prevent the screen from splitting or force characters to stay close enough that it doesn't split.
In combat, if both characters are involved there will just be one screen (you can manually force split screen if the non-active player opens the in-game menu).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Very, very cool!!!
Thats what i wanted to see!! hehe

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hey,
one more question.

Splitscreen is working now.
But sometimes the Splitscreen does not switch back to one screen if the characters move together again.
Is this a bug?

And if i am moving with my friend in one screen and the party stays together, only player 1 can rotate the camera.
How can player 2 control the camera?

Support
Support

Yes, if split screen isn't forced, it is a bug if it doesn't switch back if the characters move close together. Does walking away and back again get it working, or making sure any companion characters are close, as well, etc?

If the keyboard is handy the (default) Delete and End hotkeys still rotate the camera in controller mode (and Page Up/Down and Home to zoom and recenter), but otherwise only player 1 can control the camera.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard