Next Thread
Print Thread
#654720 14/08/19 11:26 AM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Good day! I have such a problem ... I play on the joystick and often a bug appears ... in boxes or chests I can not read books, notes, etc., any menu for choosing an action on objects disappears ... after the game is restarted, it disappears .. .

Support
Support

In a container, you should be able to read a book by pressing X (with an Xbox controller) / square (for PS4) for the Actions menu, left stick to highlight Read and then A / X to select.
Did you try hitting the button to bring up the menu, even if it isn't listed as one of the actions? Does closing the container and opening it again help? If you take the item out of the container can you read it then?

Is there anything in particular that causes this problem, or does it happen randomly?

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K

I can’t select the menu, it just disappears when I press X, close the container and open again does not help. you have to take all things into inventory. only restarting the game helps.
this happens at a certain point in the game ... when I play for a long time ... at first everything works fine.

Support
Support

This doesn't appear to be a known issue, that I could find.

Is this on console or PC? If PC, try verifying local files and testing after a clean boot, to see if that helps, or on console try clearing the cache.

In the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

To do a clean boot:
In Windows, click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.
In OSX, start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

To clear the PS4 cache: press and hold the PlayStation button on the controller, select 'Turn Off PS4', wait another 30 second after it finishes shutting down, and start it again.

On Xbox, to clear the cache:
- press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down
- unplug the power cable and wait 30 seconds
- plug the console back in and turn it on
- log into the same Xbox Live account you were using, start the game and let it sync, if required

If that doesn't help and you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your system specs and controller model/version. In Windows, include a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy).
For OSX, you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number, Mac model name and year (indicating early/mid/late) and model identifier.

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
ok. thx Raze!
I play on the PC, steam version.
maybe I will shoot a video if it happens again

Last edited by kraken0690; 20/08/19 09:27 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard