Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swevik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

In any online game I join the items will have wrong descriptions, i.e: the image of a bow but the stats of a sword. The image is the actual item.There seems to only be a problem with equipment.

If I'm the one hosting the connecting player will experience this (not for all items but most items). Clearly something is wrong with either my game or my connection.

So far I've tried, in order:
  • Using a new profile with all mods disabled
  • Uninstalling all mods
  • Verify integrity of game files
  • Complete reinstall through uninstalling via steam
  • Complete reinstall through deleting files under documents and steamapps manually
  • Disabling firewall

This has me quite baffled since I last played through the game with a friend at the start of summer without issues.

There was a similar post (#646710) in 2018 but nothing from that one helped. Running two instances and connecting through LAN did not cause any problems as was suggested to try.

Any ideas?

Support
Support

When you deleted the Documents folder, did you have cloud support disabled? As long as you were prompted to create a new profile after installing the game again, it shouldn't have carried anything over.
That should eliminate issues in the My Documents folder, and the clean reinstall should have fix any problems in the game data (these symptoms typically caused by a data mismatch)...

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account (preferably with the Documents folder on a different drive, if available, and the user name not including any special characters, etc), switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable to test.

Try resetting your network adapters:
- click Start (or Search in Win 10), type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
netsh winsock reset
- when that is done, there should be a message 'Winsock reset completed successfully'
- type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see:
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard