Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
o.O I do not really get that impression at all. In fact, I liked that Vivienne was one of the few that do not swoon over the main character because he/she is the big bad inquisitor. Also she flatly refuses your romantic advances if you are inclined to.
That conversation with Vivienne you refer to is not really like what you describe, you have three options, and she approves 2 of the three... maybe you chose the wrong one?
https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Vivienne/Approval

Last edited by _Vic_; 28/08/19 07:20 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
read the Magic is dangerous conversation.
Thats exactly what im talking about, it makes your character look like an idiot who doesnt know stuff about his own culture.

i dont care that she disaproves, i care how stupid your dialogue choices are to make her look smarter

veteran
Online Content
veteran
I'm not particularly invested in this topic,not in one sense nor the other.

That said, let's point that people keep mixing different arguments.
While there are reasonable discussions to be made about good and terrible armor design, let's stress that any bitching about the "impracticality" is pointless and stupid to make unless the realism in a central point of the setting.
Bikini armors aren't a clever or cool design, but I'm fairly confident no one but a sparse minority of lunatics even gives a shit about their realism, because the general ideal, like with Berserkers and Barbarians fighting basically naked and cool ladies with battling in high heels, was to appeal to the "rule of cool", not to be realistic. Not to mention that at this point in time is basically a battle against a fictional enemy, since no one is even doing that shit anymore.

As we are on topic, I'll also take my chance to add my own bitching against something just as UGLY as bikini armors. In fact far far worse, because not even "cool", "sexy" or "hot": giant fucking pauldrons.
Please, le'ts make the world a better place: let's all sign a petition to get rid of these goddamn abominations.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tuco
As we are on topic, I'll also take my chance to add my own bitching against something just as UGLY as bikini armors. In fact far far worse, because not even "cool", "sexy" or "hot": giant fucking pauldrons.
Please, le'ts make the world a better place: let's all sign a petition to get rid of these goddamn abominations.

Especially the ones with spikes. Who thought it would be a good idea to stab yourself in the ear every time you tilt your head?

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK
S
veteran
veteran
S
pauldron core is dead at this point, nobody outside of warcraft and wahrammer 40k realy does it.

Last edited by Sordak; 01/09/19 12:26 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm not particularly invested in this topic,not in one sense nor the other.

That said, let's point that people keep mixing different arguments.
While there are reasonable discussions to be made about good and terrible armor design, let's stress that any bitching about the "impracticality" is pointless and stupid to make unless the realism in a central point of the setting.
Bikini armors aren't a clever or cool design, but I'm fairly confident no one but a sparse minority of lunatics even gives a shit about their realism, because the general ideal, like with Berserkers and Barbarians fighting basically naked and cool ladies with battling in high heels, was to appeal to the "rule of cool", not to be realistic. Not to mention that at this point in time is basically a battle against a fictional enemy, since no one is even doing that shit anymore.

Rule of cool all the way!

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak
pauldron core is dead at this point, nobody outside of warcraft and wahrammer 40k realy does it.

Larian still does it, and it never stopped looking bad for a minute.
For how much I like DOS 2 even aesthetically, I would gladly do without human armors looking like fucking coal stoves and water boilers.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard