Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#655348 08/09/19 06:33 PM
Slywyn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello friends! I didn't know that this forum existed until I was bored and looking at the sidebar on the Reddit, or I would have posted this here first instead of there. Reddit isn't super great for making things visible for more than a few minutes at a time, most of the time.

Anyway, onto what this is actually about. As I mentioned in the Reddit thread if anyone saw it, I really, really really, genuinely, enjoy this game and (most) everything about it. However, like most things that people like, you can still criticize things that you dislike or wish for certain parts to be changed. In my case, I had a few issues with the story. Not necessarily that I think they were done wrong, just that I wished they had been done differently.

Then, I thought, I can write pretty well. I've done fanfic before... maybe I can actually put something out there to give my version of what I would have liked to have happened.

So, a few things I'd like to point out before I actually provide links:
1) In no way am I saying that I can do things better than the actual writers. There are things I didn't, personally, like about the story. This is in no way me saying that I thought they were bad, or that I could have done better. This is just me saying that I would have done things differently. They're professionals paid to do this for a living. I write fanfic, sometimes, that I almost never actually finish. There is a vast gulf's difference of experience and importance between myself and them, I'm under no illusions to the contrary.
2) I didn't write these characters. I didn't make the lore. I might get things wrong. It doesn't help that there isn't a massive amount of documentation available about the game, wikis are sparse at best, so details might be screwed up or just plain gotten wrong.
3) I'm not covering every quest or every character. The thing is like... 50,000 words long already and they just got the Lady Vengeance. I don't want to imagine how long it'd be if I tried to cover everything. Characters you like might not make it in or may not even be mentioned, there's nothing I can really do about it without bloating the story, I'm sorry. I'm basically aiming to cover as much of the story and quests as I can so that the main thrust of the story is understandable to someone who hasn't played the games.

With those three things out of the way, here are links(You'll have to copy and paste them until my account is approved, sorry):
AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/20531999/chapters/48733001
FanFiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13380784/1/Godwoken

Should you want to provide comments or feedback, I would personally prefer that you do so wherever you read the story at(So over on FFN or AO3) but I'll also respond to comments here if you leave them(and I remember to come check).

Anyway if you got through this rambly mess, thank you, and happy reading.

Last edited by vometia; 08/09/19 06:53 PM. Reason: links
Slywyn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I would like to quite happily announce... that this is complete!

That's right. It's finished. It still needs an editing pass and some very minor changes(wording/spelling/phrasing corrections, nothing major) might be made from this point onward, but that's it.

The story's finished.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard