Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#655624 19/09/19 06:52 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
How come my characters start with 4 AP? Is that how it is in DOS2, compared to DOS?
What attributes, if any, affect AP?

veteran
veteran
AP is streamlined a bit in DOS2, so 4AP is the default, which can be stored up to 8 if you save over turns. Lone Wolves starts with 6 I believe.

So that's a bit different from DOS1 for sure smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
AP is streamlined a bit in DOS2, so 4AP is the default, which can be stored up to 8 if you save over turns. Lone Wolves starts with 6 I believe.

So that's a bit different from DOS1 for sure smile

Correction: AP can be stored up to 6 if you save over turns by default, but if you enable the new Larian Mod which increases maximum storable AP, then you can store up to 8.

Lone Wolves start with 6 AP and have their maximum increased to 8. Glass Cannons start with maximum AP.

veteran
veteran
Ah, there you go. That's what you get for spending more time in engine than in game 8)

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thank you. Is there a place I could go to read what the differences between the games are?

old hand
old hand
The recent Gift Bag 2 update changes the max AP to 8, or at least adds that as an option.

If you mean differences between OS and OS2, they are very different. There's almost nothing that stays the same, except the combat being TB. You'll just have figure things out as you play. The wiki may be able to help you with certain things.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard