Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wigley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm officially trapped. I'm 127 hours into the game and it has never crashed up until this point, but now I'm at a place where I can't walk forward or the game will crash every single time, and I can't go back because the Dwarven guards won't let me use the staircase.

I'm at the part of the game where you find the Dwarven queen and her bodyguards in the sewers after finding all the crates of deathfog. It's my first time coming into this place. I had just descended the staircase and saved after the closest Dwarven guard confronted me and Isbeil or whatever her name is told him that's no way to treat a guest. Now whenever I try to walk forward, the game crashes upon getting closer to Queen Justinia and Isbeil. I can't leave and go back because the staircase has the red icon and the Dwarves get mad at me for trying to use it.

I could go back to a previous save, but I would be missing out on this entire Dwarven deathfog-smuggling plot line, which I find very interesting. I have tried setting the graphics to as low as possible and the crash still happens at the same spot. I think it's crashing when trying to load the map further. I do not know why this is the case. I've had no trouble with lag or anything of the sort for the entirety of the game.

Assistance is greatly appreciated! A crash report has been sent to Larian, but I'm curious if any of you have any suggestions as well.

Support
Support

There is another dialog triggered as you approach. Does it matter if you move forward just with Beast, if he is in your party?

You could use a waypoint to get out, or attack someone there to see if triggering combat would avoid the crash. You'd miss some of the quest content that way, though.

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save there (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Wigley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you, Raze, for the reply. I have just sent my save file to the support team like you suggested.

I didn't recruit Beast in this play through so I can't try your other suggestion, unfortunately.

I'm hoping to hear back from the support team as I'm very curious about this issue. It seems so random, as I have not had any issues whatsoever until this point.
I will most likely put off playing until then. If they can't resolve the issue I suppose I will have to skip this quest-line altogether, which is also unfortunate, but not a total deal-breaker.

Support
Support

It is an issue with the second dialog; I'll try a few things in the developer build...

Support
Support

Actually, just going in with Ifan alone avoids the crash. Once the second dialog starts, you can switch to one of the other characters and bring them down (they will automatically get added to the dialog.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard