Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
It could be even though they don't have an exclusive agreement to have BG3 on one platform. They might have exclusive first Announcement and first show of the game with Stadia. (Just a theory, meaning we might not see anything until November).

I agree about the communication with the community. If the game were going to be released next year they would be telling us something about the game. They are failing on that point. They haven't even chimed in on the forums saying "Hey we are still working on the game". They don't even have a forum or announcements for the game that is supposed to be coming out this year. What was it called again? "DOS 2.5: What is this Ship?"

I would settle for some concept art of some of the common races at this point. I am hungry for information........ starving even. grin

Usually means they had a major change of design direction... Announcing at E3, but without any dates, even ballpark ones, usually means you had to go to plan B and all new timelines were created.

I'm sure it wasn't because of backlash on forums....

I'm sure of it.

S
veteran
veteran
S
cope.
Sven said the combat is decided on and it wont be changed.

Artagel #655945 02/10/19 10:29 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why should Larian care about the opinion of people who barely know anything about the game? The main reason for the early announcement was Google because they needed Baldurs Gate 3 as proof that they care about the hardcore gaming community. At least wait for them to drop the gameplay they promised and then we can complain to Swen in the insane hope that he will change his game because random people on the internet tell him to do so.

old hand
old hand
https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/divi...ice-as-larian-focuses-on-baldurs-gate-3/

Bad news for Divinity Fallen Heroes fans, but good news for expedition fans and of course BG3 fans, although I'm not sure how many resources from Larian Studios were going to DFH in the first place. I hope we get some in-depth news on BG 3 soon.

old hand
old hand
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/divinity-fallen-heroes-on-hold-baldurs-gate-3-coming#

"The announcement was also careful to mention that the development of Baldur's Gate 3 is progressing at a normal and expected pace, with news apparently on the way." Stop being a tease and give us the news already. What are they waitibf for, Stadia to be released before we get this BG 3 news?

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 15/10/19 02:10 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wait for the Game awards in December, we will most likely get a gameplay revel there.

Hawke #656227 15/10/19 02:27 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
Wait for the Game awards in December, we will most likely get a gameplay revel there.

"It's official! Stadia launches November 19, and we can't wait to play. Learn more about Baldur's Gate 3, Stadia, and everything else, soon!" this was a tweet from Larian Studios in response to a tweet about Stadia, so it's likely sooner then November 9th. I think Larian has been holding their powder on BG 3 news because they are waiting to a particular feature or features in reguards to Stadia to be announced first or at the same time, something about BG3 that ties into it.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I am thinking that Stadia while not exclusive to their platform has an exclusive reveal of BG3.

EDIT: Found this article and is my guess as to when we will get information on BG3.

Google’s Stadia Game Streaming Service Will Launch Nov. 19

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/google-stadia-november-19-1203371067/

And here is the tweet from Larian that confirms it.

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1184110673204318208

Last edited by Nobody_Special; 15/10/19 06:48 PM. Reason: added article I found.
veteran
veteran
Cool, let us wait until then.

About D:FH, it was strange indeed that they do not show anything in all the Game-cons. They even changed the flyer of the forum to one of BG3. That explains a lot. It is a pity. The game sounds fun.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Stadia will launch on Nov 12 so the info should drop before that.

Hawke #656238 15/10/19 11:07 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
Stadia will launch on Nov 12 so the info should drop before that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ease-date-founders-edition-pixel-4-event

Novmember 19th 2019 actually.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
I am thinking that Stadia while not exclusive to their platform has an exclusive reveal of BG3.

EDIT: Found this article and is my guess as to when we will get information on BG3.

Google’s Stadia Game Streaming Service Will Launch Nov. 19

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/google-stadia-november-19-1203371067/

And here is the tweet from Larian that confirms it.

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1184110673204318208

The news coming soon and the Stadia Launch are seperate things. I otherwise agree with you, I just think this Stadia/BG3 reveal will come before stadia's launch.

old hand
old hand
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...ity-fallen-heroes-on-hold-baldurs-gate-3

Polygon is speculating that Larian Studios buckling down on BG 3 is related to the Stadia release of November 19th. Could Google push Larian to release, BG3 sooner then expected?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Polygon is speculating that Larian Studios buckling down on BG 3 is related to the Stadia release of November 19th. Could Google push Larian to release, BG3 sooner then expected?

Absolutely not.

It'll be another year at least before BG3 is released - and I say that with absolute confidence based entirely on the fact that all we have on BG 3 is a cinematic trailer. Stadia will have no effect on BG3's timeline. Larian has learned that quality can't be rushed, and now that they self-publish, they can afford to take their time and do it right.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Larian hired an external dev because they wanted another Divinity game but knew they didn't have the manpower to make 2 games at the same time. A dev from Logic Artist said in last march that this is their game and Larian only helps with the story,
Polygon didn't understand that Larian never worked on this, the game was cancelled because Logic Artists couldn't work on Fallen Heroes any longer without upsetting their publisher for the new Expedition game. So Fallen Heroes cancellation only means that Larian loses some money though I doubt that this will affect the project that much.

Last edited by Hawke; 16/10/19 12:35 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't understand that Larian never worked on Fallen Heroes too. Sounds very unlikely that they only just helped with the story. It's more like they want to put all available resources into BG3 rather than divert them to Fallen Heroes to get it done in time. Logic Artists will have it as secondary game too as they have their own primary projects to work on so in the best interests for both developers it was decided to put it on the back burner for a while. My guess is that depending on the success of BG3 which I imagine will be huge Larian won't return to the Divinity universe for a while and will make more BG related games. Fallen Heroes will probably continue as a secondary project for Larian at some point in the future depending on what Logic Artists are working on.

As for other future Divinity games I'd like Larian to finish off the story arc between the Dragon Knight and Damian in a 3rd person RPG. That will be a long while off though.

BG3 - nah. Don't think it will be releasing next month as it hasn't been in development long enough but as mentioned above it seems there's pressure to get it done asap so we may see it sooner than we think.

Last edited by Arokh; 16/10/19 05:39 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

S
veteran
veteran
S
disagreed.
I dont think larian worked on it. The developer was known for making exactly this kind of game before, look at the expeditions games.
Also Larian has been working on BG3 for about as long as theyve worked on OS2, i dont think theyd have misjudged the budget that much

Stabbey #656266 17/10/19 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It'll be another year at least before BG3 is released - and I say that with absolute confidence based entirely on the fact that all we have on BG 3 is a cinematic trailer.

Is that the only thing you're basing it on?

Artagel #656267 17/10/19 09:17 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Artagel
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It'll be another year at least before BG3 is released - and I say that with absolute confidence based entirely on the fact that all we have on BG 3 is a cinematic trailer.

Is that the only thing you're basing it on?

To frame it from a different angle; We're better off hoping it's at least another year before we get to play anything.

Swen also said on multiple occasions that fans are going to have to wait patiently, and everything that has been implied, suggests it's still way off. That, backed up with lack of advertisement (which one of the last things you actively do), it's just anything but weird to even expect anything any earlier.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Of course, the release is at least a year away, development couldn't have started before DOS 2 launch in Sep17 so the game at this point is only in development for 2 years which is basically nothing today where games are often in development for 3-4 years. That being said Larian mentioned Early Access in the Gamestar interview so I am pretty sure we will get to play the game in 2020.

Last edited by Hawke; 17/10/19 09:53 AM.
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard