Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#656279 17/10/19 05:16 PM
ondesic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just curious if there is an idea of what the rating for BG3 will be?

veteran
veteran
Mature 17+ for gore, blood and violence, possibly sexual themes. Minimum.

ondesic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
makes sense, but I was kind of hoping for a "T" teen rating like neverwinter nights and the original baldurs gate.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It will be illegal in most countries because of the fully animated Dragonborn
cuddling

Last edited by Hawke; 17/10/19 08:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
Judging for the trailer, it is a sure Mature+17 or more

old hand
old hand
"Hoping for a T?" If there's a 17yo eager to play this game, by the time it comes out they would probably be 20 or something. No worries.

Edit: Nvm what I said. I was thinking about "M" vs. "AO". My apologies. (But hey, what if this game is going to take 5 years to come out? You never know, right?)

That said, as the others have said, there's almost no way this would be T like the old games. Even the first DOS game is M. So imagine a DOS2 but with darker tone and more mature themes in general.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 18/10/19 01:25 AM. Reason: brain fart

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
enthusiast
enthusiast
AO ratings are rare and no company makes AO rated games. In the US the ratings are completely useless shit, here in Germany the ratings are done by an independent group and people who actually play through the games and then have to write long reports and conclude the ratings from 3-18 years. DOS 2 had a 16 USk rating so I Bg3 will most likely have something similar.

S
veteran
veteran
S
idk why people keep bringing up darker atmosphere.
Its pretty hard to beat OS2 in dark atmosphere, you begin in the game in fatnasy dachau

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sordak
Its pretty hard to beat OS2 in dark atmosphere, you begin in the game in fatnasy dachau

RPG fans hate bright colours because cartoons also have bright colours and they are for kids so any game with bright colours has to be for kids.

old hand
old hand

And I don't know what your post even contributes to this thread. If you're that eager for another 2-3 thread pages of drama, at least start it in an appropriate thread, ok?

"Pretty hard", is it? So it's hard, but not impossible? So it's a definite possibility? Hey! Maybe that's exactly why "people keep bringing up darker atmosphere." Because it's possibility. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't.

You don't know why? That's ok man. I don't know why people do a lot of stupid shit either. But usually I just tell myself wtf do I care and keep my mouth shut, rather than say pointless things like "Idk why you lot do this and that..."

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Hawke

RPG fans hate bright colours because cartoons also have bright colours and they are for kids so any game with bright colours has to be for kids.

I sometimes wonder. Personally I loved the bright colours of Oblivion and hated the grimdark of Skyrim. OS2 is more muted than DOS but still fairly colourful so I'm cool with that, but too much monochrome strikes me as just being a bit depressing, and I go to video games to get away from that.

Originally Posted by Try2Handing
And I don't know what your post even contributes to this thread. If you're that eager for another 2-3 thread pages of drama, at least start it in an appropriate thread, ok?

I think that's my line. And one I could repeat right now.

J'aime le fromage.
S
veteran
veteran
S
well if you choose to be on edge.
be my guest, you might aswell tell me what holds up to your high standard of beeing on topic,.

As far as im concerned, pointing out that the previous game was pretty much the fantasy holocaust and drawing a comparison with that, isnt exactly off topic.

old hand
old hand
"On edge"? I wasn't? I basically said, "you're off topic man". And I pointed that out, because your post was clearly a reaction to mine. So I must be on edge, ok.

As far as im concerned, pointing out that the previous game was pretty much the fantasy holocaust and drawing a comparison with that, isnt exactly off topic.

OP: "So what kind of rating will BG3 get?"

You: "DOS2 is the darkest game ever made, man. Can't beat that. That's a fact. So idk why people keep bring this "dark atmosphere" up."

So how do these two things relate to each other, exactly? How do they belong in the same conversation next to each other? "Drawing a comparison with that"? What does this even mean? Comparison between what and what? And in what way does your reply answer OP's question, exactly? Your reply has no implication whatsoever as to what you think what rating this game may get, which is what the OP was asking for, and you're saying you're "not exactly off topic"? So there's my high standard. Are you convinced? No? Didn't think so.

@vometia: Beg your pardon, but is this the scenario in which "person B tells person A that the latter is off topic, then person C comes in and tells person B that he's off topic too because he's pointing out that someone is off topic"? Because I can repeat that again, right now. You can be a mod, and I'm not, but far as I can tell, we were both replying to someone who is "not exactly off topic", with a reply that is completely off topic (weren't you talking about Oblivion and Skyrim?).

Last edited by Try2Handing; 18/10/19 07:47 PM. Reason: "'re" => "were"

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
@vometia: Beg your pardon, but is this the scenario in which "person B tells person A that the latter is off topic, then person C comes in and tells person B that he's off topic too because he's pointing out that someone is off topic"? Because I can repeat that again, right now. You can be a mod, and I'm not, but far as I can tell, we were both replying to someone who is "not exactly off topic", with a reply that is completely off topic (weren't you talking about Oblivion and Skyrim?).

Not really. My point is that I would like the bickering to stop. People can talk about what they want (within reason... every topic becoming about combat speculation was a bit much) but goading other forum members is not okay, and I doubt anybody particularly wants to see a topic being filled with forum lawyering either.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Judging for the trailer, it is a sure Mature+17 or more

To that I'll add that BG gazetteer listed two major brothel and a exworker and drug dealers Guild. Between BG: DiA and he trailer, which is unlikely to be a obe off, I think we will at minimum have violence, mature theme, sexual content, possible drugs, ect..., plus possible Witcher style nudity.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard