Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am the mod author of the Scourge/Plague Doctor Class Mod and people are still getting CTD when playing in multiplayer games. I have reworked almost everything about the mod to try to find the source of the issue but with no luck. It seems to only happen with multiplayer matches and only while in combat. Thanks for the help

Support
Support

It doesn't sound like anyone was able to provide a save where this was reproducible...

Are there any CrashDump files being created when the game crashes?

Did you check for help on Larian's Discord?

veteran
veteran
It's a little hard to do guess-work, but I can make one at-a-glance guess at least.

Inspecting the mod files, I see you have some files under \Mods\Scourge_Class_4fd1a0ba-3ce9-448b-ac8c-da6a14c8a2e5\Story which to me implies you've tried to tinker with the Story Editor at some point. However, I don't see any story goals. So you've perhaps generated definitions in the current engine without an updated story header. The current engine data is out of sync with game data, so here's a copy/pasta from the #Modding-resources channel that Raze linked:

Experimental fixes for the current shortcomings of DE2. (By Nordbyte):

Place them in `\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine 2\DefEd`

https://nb-stor.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/dos/MiscTools/Public/EditorFixes-DefEd-v0.5.zip

I can't see anything immediately glaring at a glance through extracted files. Am I right to understand it happens only in multiplayer? Is it something players have reported? Have you ever experienced the crash yourself or been able to reproduce it?

Is there any recurring detail, such as always crashes in a specific location, area, or at save/reload, etc?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sorry for being a little late. From what I can tell it happens on a ability cast. Doesnt seem to need to be a modded skill use tho. It also seems to have higher likelyhood of happening the more turns that go by.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Also to add; The game wont necessarily crash in the same instance when reloading a save. I have had a ton of people report that they are also encountering this issue. Crash dump files do get created but I dont know where they save to locally. So what do Nordbyte's fixes fix, is it a fix for the entire mod or just clients? Lastly how would I go about fixing the story header and all that.

Thanks for your time

veteran
veteran
I don't think it's that at all anyway, in retrospect. Joining us on Discord would indeed be pratical for the both of us, and you'd get to poke a lot more minds as well. Have you been able to actually get crashes yourself, in person?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am on the Larian Games discord and Ive asked a few time but with no solution. Yes I have had the crashes myself.

Support
Support

Are there CrashDump files being created in the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin' folder? If so, please zip a few together and email them to supportdos2@larian.com (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If there is a (non-empty) gold.log file in that folder, you can add it, as well.
Also include a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy), a save where this can be reproduced (if possible, wherever it is most likely to occur) and the mod itself. For the save, if there are any other workshop mods being used, include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Alright, will do

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I dont see any crash logs in mine so ill ask for them from other people

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard