Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

I play this game for one month now every time with a friend. We are both playing with our own Switch and we connect with wireless connection. We had sometimes crashes but it was a pretty rare.

Yesterday we updated the game with the Order&Magic that you released yesterday. We played like 8 hours and we had at least 15 crashes... I think there is something wrong in the update that makes the game crashes. The screen freezes and the switch says "the software stopped working".

It really kills the experience of the game as we had to load the games several times... And it's not fast.

Please Can you fix this?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Furyan

Last edited by Furyan87; 09/11/19 01:36 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi, just wanted to chime in with something similar - I've been playing solo on switch for about a month with zero issues, it's been excellent. After the very recent update I'm getting somewhat frequent crashes, always during battle - it freezes then closes to dashboard with "the software has stopped working". I've been able to push through with frequent saves. The crash doesn't seem to have an obvious trigger, sometimes it's during a massive visual effect heavy battle but it also occurs during smaller scraps without many enemies. Occasionally audio bugs will accompany this but not every time. Reloading and replaying the section always works but I may get another crash at a later point in the same battle.

Overall I'm having the best time playing this monster, it's so much fun I can't believe I didn't play it sooner. So I figure the least I can do is report the issue to help out. I've been recommending friends give it a try and I'll continue to do so, but I'll also be looking for the next patch! Thanks for reading!

stranger
stranger
Having the same issue. 50 hours in and now freezing every 5 mins and crashing since the recent update. I regret installing it. Extremely frustrating!!!

It seems to be always during a battle. Never happens outside of battling.
I have the pet pal mod activated but that's it. Please fix this Larian.

Support
Support

Furyan87, TTL Crim;
Thank you for the reports, and details.

binkers987;
Is the freezing temporary, or permanent?

Does this happen, or happen as often, if you load earlier saves, if available?

If anyone want to test, if you start the game from a different user account, if available, and start a new game, do you have the same problem in a new game, checking out the combat in the tutorial and early Fort joy? A different account would give a separate drive space for saves.

stranger
stranger
It seems permanent. I deleted the game and redownloaded and it still persists. If I load earlier saves it still.freezes. It's always during a battle. Doesnt matter on who the battle is with. Are there any other fixes I can try to recoup my game? I'm almost done with reapers coast

stranger
stranger
Hi,

Been playing for a month or so, had extremely rare crashes (maybe 4 in total). Since yesterday's update, the game has crashed consistently after 1-60 seconds of play. The game is absolutely unplayable for me right now. Based on this thread, this seems to be a widespread issue. Please react quickly and find a solution, possibly reverting the update or something like this.

Thanks.

stranger
stranger
For everyone here, has the game ever crashed on you in the middle of SAVING (be it manual or auto-save)? Happens to me a lot in ACT IV, and believe you me, it's almost equally frustrating.

Last edited by TripMX; 10/11/19 02:17 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hasn't happened to me before nor after the update. Game only crashes during fights after the update for me. That being said, I'm in ACT 2 right now.

Before the update, the only times the game crashed (froze in fact and I had to manually close application) was sometimes if I opened up character or actions menu (rz / lz) while other stuff is happening (scripted events / conversations) then sometimes the game froze and became unresponsive.

Last edited by shadowmere; 10/11/19 03:30 PM.
stranger
stranger
For me it's never occurred during a save, it's always during or after an action takes place in battle. We'll see however, because I'm quicksaving all the time now to get through fights that crash...

stranger
stranger
Love this game, in fact I created an account just to post here because I am having the same issues since the recent update. Been playing solo for the past month with zero issues, now after update the game freezes while in combat and crashes back to home screen with message "the software has stopped working because an error occured".

Seems to be random when it happens during the fight but usually on an enemies turn (either casting or moving), currently I can't get through a single battle without crashing, this has happened 5 times or more. No issues with saving and I'm not using any mods. I would be happy to go back to life before the update if that's an option, either way please fix this so I can continue the journey!

Thanks,
Sogzilla

Last edited by Sogzilla; 10/11/19 05:21 PM.
stranger
stranger
I have the same problem, since the update, the game constantly crashes during battles.
I played so far more than 120 hours on the Switch, never had problems, since the update, it's crashing regularly.
This update is really buggy. Please do something. Fix it.

stranger
stranger
Hi, I just created the account because I have exactly the same problem, I've been playing the game for almost a month without problems, currently on Act IV, but since downloading the update I've at least 10 crashes, they always happen when I am in a fight, and It has become pretty frustrating. I was playing on Act IV before the update and there were no crashes, that's why I believe it's definitely the update, please help us with this problem, it's making me feel regretful of my purchase of what was an amazing RPG.

stranger
stranger
Created an account to say that I’m having the same issue since the update. Game crashed twice in a row. Screen freezes first. Had quite a few crashes even before the update but it’s gotten worse since the update. Game has become unplayable until this is fixed :(

stranger
stranger
Game is almost unplayable now. I've had multiple fights where I simply crash every time I load and redo a few moves. I've cleared the cache and done a *full* power cycle on the switch and nothing has changed.

stranger
stranger
Exactly the same issue as you all. After the update the game crashes mid fight, on my turn or on enemies turns, to the point of the game being unplayable. The crashes happen, I think, when I use skills or actions, but it could just as well be random. The crashes are not consistent with a certain character. My crashes occurred in relatively big fights, with lots of enemies on the field (>5). I am currently in act II, I play in docked mode.

It happens very frequently to the point of where the game is unplayable. I cannot provide a save game as I do not have the steam version of the game.

I hope you can fix the issue soon, I love the game and I want to continue playing.

Last edited by turbok; 11/11/19 10:11 AM. Reason: forgotto include maybe relevant info
Support
Support

This issue is currently being investigated. One person has provided a save, and another said they would when they were able, but more wouldn't hurt, if possible (especially saves where it is more likely to be able to reproduce the crash, or it consistently crashes with certain actions).

For people who also have the Steam version of the game, and linked their account on the Switch, you can email applicable saves (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to supportdos2@larian.com.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Otherwise, hopefully the descriptions will help QA in trying to reproduce this problem (it was not encountered while testing the update).

Last edited by Raze; 12/11/19 10:13 AM.
stranger
stranger
Having the same issues, will provide as much detail as possible:
Happened 3 times in a row last night, all during the same fight (in the ambush by elementalist summoners west of Driftwood), all during enemy turns.
I had activated the "mysterious vendor" and the "bag organizer" mods from the latest update, but only "pet pal" and "endless runner" mods from previous git bag.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by shadowmere
Since yesterday's update, the game has crashed consistently after 1-60 seconds of play.

Does it matter what you are doing (combat or not, standing still without opening the inventory, etc), or where (near NPCs or surfaces, outdoors or a small interior, etc)?

So far this issue has not been reproducible. QA is continuing to test combat in the Switch version, but if anyone has saves they can provide, especially any saves where crashes are more frequent, or where there are particular actions that can be taken to (at least somewhat reliably) cause a crash, please do so.
If you have such saves, but don't have the Steam version to use the cross save feature, please contact support anyway.

stranger
stranger
Hello, I'm able to reproduce a crash on switch when fighting against/with the Advocate on the blood Island.

First time, I succeeded the eloquence test and start a fight against the void creatures. First turn was OK, but once it was the Advocate turn again (not 100% sure it was his turn) it crashed.
I tried a second time, and it crashed again.

I abandoned the idea of doing this fight, and did the advocate quest: fighting the black ring around the tree. No problem with this fight.

Then, I finished the Johan quest, fighting the Advocate (near the tree), and it crashed again during the 2nd turn when it was the Advocate turn again.

Tell me if you want my save, but I don't have this game on steam.

Last edited by zakouille; 12/11/19 10:45 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yesterday I played for 3.5 hours without any crash in handheld mode, I finished a fight that I couldn't finish before due to constant crashing. The battery started running out so I put it in docked mode, the game immediately feels more sluggish, after 5 minutes a crash happened, in the witch's basement near driftwood (no combat). There was no combat, but a lot of visual effects on the screen (toxic), I think that might be the trigger.

- So, it might be worth checking out docked mode.
- Engage in combat with a lot of casters (scarecrow fight, on my save).
- Check out area's with lots of visual effects (Basement of witch with exploding rats)

Last edited by turbok; 12/11/19 11:05 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard