Next Thread
Print Thread
#440514 12/03/11 06:53 PM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hi everybody, i create this post for every programmer in the forums that can fix the problem of the discontinued DAD's Item Editor with Item Names containing (á, é, í, ó, ú, -, ñ) characters.

Come on boys!!! please.

Also have problem with ([, ])

Support
Support

If you manually edit an item name to include those characters, does the game itself display them properly? There isn't much point in fixing the item editor if the game also has a problem. In the disk version of the game there were some problems transferring saves between different language versions, as well as a problem replacing English files in the Thai localization, but I don't know if that was due to changes in the file structure or lack of unicode support, etc.

I may be able to check a manual edit (at least in the disk version) later tonight, or tomorrow...

BTW, anyone still reading the DD forums would be checking both General and Help/Tips/Tricks.

Raze #440528 13/03/11 12:53 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
The problem is for example the item "Fiend's Two-Handed Sword Of The Vampire" inside items.000, this item is showed cutted like this in editor "Fiend's Two" and when you try to edit it, for example renaming it, shows an error saying "Run-time error '63': Bad Record number and the program closes.

Support
Support

Tomorrow I'll see if I have time to find any equipment in one of my old saves that DAD's Item Editor has a problem with, and then test if a manual edit can change the name. I've barely used the item editor, though, and have not tried any manual edits...

Raze #448881 23/08/11 04:49 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Anyone can give me a Download link,for this..Item editor?

Unreal Archivist.
Support
Support

DAD's item editor

Here is a mirror link for version 1.4 of DAD's Item Editor.
If you do not already have the Visual Basic 6 redistributable installed, and get missing file/component errors, use the full installer for v1.1, then replace the executable in the install folder with the latest version.

Last edited by Raze; 09/11/19 05:39 AM.
Raze #448903 24/08/11 06:32 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Thanks Raze (:

Unreal Archivist.
Raze #458302 13/10/12 05:59 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
can it do inventory as well? If not could someone direct me to one that can?

If life was fair, horses would ride half the time.

In soviet Rivellon, fire breathes dragon!
Support
Support

No, it can not add items to the inventory, merely modify existing equipment. There are only 2 item editors for DD, the other not being quite as full featured (which also can not create items).

Divine Divinity Item Editor

However, DAD's Item Editor requires Visual Basic runtime libraries which may not be installed or included by default in Vista/7, whereas the older DDIE should work fine.

enthusiast
enthusiast
seld-deleted

Reason: Left brain at home

Last edited by Aenra; 13/04/15 08:15 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
T
stranger
stranger
T
Partially inspired by DAD's Item editor, I've recently written a Divine Divinity item editor in python, the GUI portion is not done yet, but the main python module is (mostly) done. If anyone is interested, I'll make the source code available.

I've tested the editor out with item files from the most recent GOG version, and the editor is written to target most Mac or Linux systems (which should have python 2.7 installed by default.)

Also, I'll post my notes on the 'items.000' file structure in the next post. There are some bits in the item record structure I haven't figured out, but I think I have the mapping complete enough to handle some items that DAD editor can't.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Update: The GUI for my editor is working well enough now that I would feel comfortable sharing it. If anyone expresses interest, I'll share the code. My GUI testing has been almost entirely on a Mac, but it should work in Linux as well.

Does anyone have a working link to it? Every single link leading from here to the download needs some kind of verification, basically this: "http://www.xanlosch.de is requesting your username and password. The site says: “Realm”". I'm even unable to reach that site to register there for that purpose. Putting "http://www.xanlosch.de" into your browser address has the very same effect as above. I'm using the DD Item Editor for now, but wanted to try the famous DAD's Item Editor as well, to see the differences, advantages and whatnot.

Support
Support

Here is a link for version 1.4 of DAD's Item Editor.
If you do not already have the Visual Basic 6 redistributable installed, and get missing file/component errors, use the full installer for v1.1, then replace the executable in the install folder with the latest version.

Thank you, Raze, you are a life saver.

The editor launches, but trying to open items.000 file from any saved character (even the mage, who just started and hasn't many stuff generated yet) gives me this error:

"Error #20476 was generated by CommonDialog.
The FileName buffer is too small to restore the selected file name(s).
(Increase MaxFileSize)"

What does it need me to do, it gave me errors by launch, about the .dll and .ocx missing, but that's solved, now it wants me to increase it's buffer? How am I supposed to do that?

The other editor (DD Item Editor) works with all characters, but doesn't seem to be this complex, so I wanted to try this one to see what it can do with the items in the game.

Support
Support

I don't think you can increase the buffer... Try copying the save folder to another location, with a shorter path (like c:\temp\SaveFolder), and see if that lets the game open the items.000 file.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard