Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#656636 09/11/19 08:44 AM
OP Offline
My third character a warrior seems to be kinda glitched, she moves so strangely, at times she's jumping instead of running/walking (like when your comp slows down, your FPS drop and you move by short teleporting instead of walking, kinda like that, but the computer doesn't slow down, it's just the character movement). My other two characters don't do that (or haven't noticed such behavior with them). But the point is, I was fighting my way through the catacombs, main quest to restore Mardaneus'es sanity. I was in the final level of the place, but before going to the necromancer's crypt in the middle, I was clearing the bigger room outside, fighting near the western wall, there are two chests, and as I was fighting the skeletons, skeleton archers and some conjurer, they glitched me through the wall somehow. I could freely go outside the whole level, but unfortunately haven't seen anything, it's dark out there. Lucky me had the first pyramid on herself and the second one was still in it's original place, my original intentions were to get to it on foot, not like the other characters, who teleported to it and had to fight the skeleton clutter there. Don't know why I missed it though. Anyway that was my only way out of the glitch.
What is this whole story about, you may ask yourself? Well, that the female warrior might be glitched, don't know about the males though, did anyone experience something similar?

Support
Support

There can sometimes be small gaps in the north west corner, when two walls meet. In these cases sometimes you can throw a teleporter pyramid to get through. Getting through accidentally is very rare, though, and I don't recall if there is a gap there (sounds familiar, so I'd guess so). A glitch with the character position could get through a wall even without a gap.

I don't recall this being reported before for the female warrior, or a difference between characters such as this.
How frequently does this happen? Does it make a difference if you remove the character's equipment?
If you start a new game with another female warrior, does this happen running around Aleroth?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select the game in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

OP Offline
My first char is the Survivor, she's ok, second one is Mage, but she's not far yet, I just created her and shelved her for later, then made the Warrior and when compared to the Survivor, the Warr seems bugged. It happens very often (basically every step she takes), gear doesn't matter, she doesn't wear much, even so far in the catacombs, only a weapon and the basic shoes (those you find next to the bed you woke up). The Survivor was in Verdistis, in the Dark Forrest and where else (still has to visit Stormfist Castle, I don't want to go to that place) without any visual, or other problems and she's geared from the head to the toes. I tried with the Warrior in the catacombs to get back through every corner I saw (guessing those would be the weakest links), but every wall was connected well, no gap to go through, so I had to use the pyramid in the end.
Honestly it might be something wrong with my game, because I installed also Beyond Divinity last night and that one is even stranger, lots of graphical glitches, inverted colors during saving and loading screens and crashes often, just weird. I recall it worked well back there before my comp died and had to be reinstalled with newer system. I don't blame the system, but there might be components missing, that were there previously. So yes, I'll try verifying my Steam library and stuff and see, if it gets fixed, but most of my games behave strangely even after their initial installation (which shouldn't happen). Starbound didn't want to launch (crashed to desktop before getting into the main menu without any error message), because of all the mods Steam remembered (some were obsolete, or discontinued, Steam doesn't update or remove them on it's own), after removing them (unsubscribing) it works, but with horrible FPS drops (FPS drops in the vanilla game, how hilarious does it sound?), but that's another story.

EDIT: verifying the integrity showed 10 corrupted/missing/otherwise not verified files, I didn't expect that many though, one, or 3, 5 max, but 10!

Last edited by Levianne; 10/11/19 09:51 AM.
Support
Support

At least half a dozen of those 'corrupt' files are just configuration files that change based on options, and files that get updated based on system specs (I just double checked, and verifying files here identified 7 files to be reacquired).

OP Offline
Ah I see. Figured out, that something isn't right, when all my custom settings revert to default. I like to keep the inventory button in most games on E, it's far more accessible that way. So after verifying, I launched the game, pressed E and nothing. I was worried, that I lost my inventory completely, that it broke the game for some reason, then looking into the KEYS options section, realized it's on the default I, not redefined by me to E.

Also a completely unrelated question, but I can't find anything about them, what are the glass bottle shards (or Broken Glass) for? You can combine some food with plates, or fruit/veggies with baskets, you can make poison out of rotten food as well, but I haven't figured, what to do with the broken glass stuff. Is there a way to make empty flasks/bottles out of them, or is it just a random useless junk good for nothing, not even money? I suspect the later though. I could see some potential with it, like with crafting in D: OS2.

EDIT: What are the arrows for? In BD, you can't shoot without them and have a special slot (actually 3) in your inventory for them, but in DD, you can shoot without having a single arrow, so why collecting those?

Last edited by Levianne; 10/11/19 03:43 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I'll take a shot at the last one. I believe they have a crafting use but, it's been a long time. I'm thinking they can be used to make magic arrows or something similar.

Support
Support

As far as I recall, broken glass and arrows are just for decoration / atmosphere.

Equipping an arrow causes a mage to jump when standing still, a warrior to spin back and forth and a survivor to crouch with the move animation (animations from their special moves). Combat mode must be enabled, and the arrow drag and dropped to the slot (or dragged slightly in the slot, if you equip it by double clicking it in the inventory).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard