Print Thread
#566703 01/06/15 03:18 PM
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Do actions you take in any of the side quest effect the Main Quest?

I ask because I'm doing all the side quest I can find in Broken Valley and I just got one from Richard to ferry goods to Aleroth but Lomax wants me to make another choice.

Since Richard is a Paladin and a Champion of Aleroth I'm leaning towards helping him, but just not sure.

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Support
Support

No, choices in side quests can effect that specific series of quests (if there are several related) and relevant NPCs, but not the main plot quests.

In this case, I helped Richard my first game (he isn't asking for help ferrying food to Aleroth, but stealing food destined for Rivertown), and sided with the New Order my second. Refusing Richard's request can lead to a better reward, though should probably be delayed until you have cleared Broken Valley and exhausted the supply of goblin hearts, as after that quest path, Richard will no longer be in the village.
If you refuse to help Richard, he heads to the farm himself to commandeer the food. When you arrive you can choose who to help, and fight the opposite group; if you side with the New Order and kill Richard, you can Mindread Lomax for a stat point in the automatic dialogue after the fight.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Thanks.

With him being a Paladin and a Champion of Aleroth, I was worried he may have a part in the MQ later in the game.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Me Again

In my travels doing SQ I just came across this thing that looks like a pedestal. It has 3 post protruding from it with writing on them.

It's located to the left of the door to the Lost cavern and the Chapel shrine. When I step on it it gives me this "Address me correctly so that you may pass"

Is this something I will get the answer to later?

Just wanted to make sure this was something I missed while doing side quest.

Support
Support

There are 2 such teleporters in Broken Valley (another can be found shortly after getting access to the rest of the valley). They each lead to a small side area.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Thanks.

So when I find the other one I will learn how to "Address them"?

Support
Support

No, they both require the same password, which can be found by exploring Broken Valley.
There are 4 parchments distributed throughout the valley...

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
OK, Thanks. Looks like I got some more exploring to do.

I don't remember the expansion much in details, but Richard
will eventually die, after the Broken Valley got poisoned by Damian, all the quests there, that weren't finished by that time are listed as failed, including Hearttaker: "Because of Damian's invasion, everybody in Broken Valley is dead. That includes Richard". This is, what my closed quest tab reads. I guess they didn't include him in the expansion's streets of Aleroth as magically saved, or anything, did they? So the Hearttaker quest will eventually fail regardless of your actions, kill Richard, or not, the story goes on even without him. Though there's no one to buy the goblin hearts off of you. Wasn't Richard supposed to get higher price for them in Aleroth? I mean when you read his mind, there's something like that, which makes him rise your reward. So supposedly there should be someone to buy the hearts off of Richard, but it doesn't work for the player.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard