Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
So I've just finished Ego Draconis and started/transferred into Flames of Vengeance, hell I love that reference to Terminator, even the famous theme started playing when my character stood up from the iconic pose. For this nice detail, the game deserves to be praised. Many people say that the final boss battle in the Hall of Echoes is a nightmare, well it might be, but it's worth it for this alone, it really is. Kuddos to the guys at Larian Studios.

But a very unpleasant surprise awaited me in my Battle Tower, aside from not being able to teleport to and from the shrine and that the platforms also seemed broken at first (no deal, as I found out, they are just fine), the most broken thing is Sassan! What the hell happened to her accent? She got combined with Hermosa somehow, but even that went wrong. Haven't spoken to any of my servants yet, so can't say what's wrong with them (if anything, I hope they are as they were), but who broke me Sassan?!!!! XD I liked her they way she was in the original game. Should I start a petition: "Bring me ole Sassan back"? XD

Last edited by Levianne; 14/11/19 08:00 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I didn't notice - I think I only tend to pay attention when a voice is grating to me. Maybe I have a save somewhere - it'd be fun to hear the difference.

Support
Support

I didn't notice any difference. Other than the first time back to the battle tower, though, I don't think I talked to her again more than once or twice.

OP Offline
It seems to me, that only Hermosa is unaffected. Maybe Wesson, Ginny lost some of her charm (well her complains about weather sound even more desperate, although the text is the same, it's more the way she delivers the sentences), Allan got a lesson or two from Igor, how to be a good ssssssservant, oh yessss massssster, and Igor, well it's Igor, the chap was weird back then, but seems even weirder now (if it's ever possible). XD
Sassan can't spell R anymore (which she was able in ED) and got some of Hermosa's "ZIS and ZAT" stuff (which she also didn't back then), it's fine with captain Hermosa, makes her unique and cute, but with Sassan? What were they aiming for? It seems the voice actor is the same, as she was in ED, so it's how she delivers, that is different here. And it's not just her first dialogue upon your arrival in your Battle Tower, she's like that when you speak to her on the balcony of your room as well.

Originally she ended the talking with "as you wish my liege" which was cute btw, but now, I end our talk with "keep up the good work" and she responds with "I will ... mistress" It's totally not her, even doing that pause before adding mistress seems to imply something, but I don't know what. Like she's not comfortable with me being her mistress or anything? It was making her pleasure to serve me, after liberating the tower from Laiken, now it seems like I was away for years (it was few days at most) and she got used to the life without the Dragon Knight. Technically she operated the whole tower even with me at it's helm, but now it feels kinda different to me. I know I'm seeing too much into this, but that's how I feel about those changes. It kinda changed her personality in my eyes.

Last edited by Levianne; 15/11/19 10:24 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard