Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Registered to also report crashing bug. Play handheld only on original switch.

Roughly 40 hours played before update with maybe 1 crash in that time. After installing update and enabling some mods, game now crashes almost immediately at the start of or within 5 minutes of any battle. Act 2 for reference, have tried several fights/areas. Almost all crashes occur when another enemy attacks, does not always correlate to strong/flashy elemental attacks. Latest crash several minutes into mill fight trying to get to Roost. At least three crashes here.

Tried several things (rebooting switch, going to different areas, selling items, etc.) and would estimate I've received the crash 15 times before I've had to give up due to frustration. Love the game and I while I doubt this feedback helps but I wanted to contribute.

Last edited by Chadarn; 15/11/19 12:31 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hello,

I also have the same problem. It crashes almost every fight. I'm always playing in handheld mode. I live in Montreal. I've seen a few people from Montreal and Quebec in here... Could the problem be specific to a region?

Support
Support

QA has found a situation where the crash can be reproduced, and the programmers are narrowing down the exact cause.
Any additional saves where this can be reproduced would help with identifying the problem and testing potential fixes.

Unfortunately, there is limited debugging possible with retail versions of the Switch, so being near a studio is probably not going to be much help.

Originally Posted by shadowmere
What can I do?

Answer my email.

Originally Posted by BlueLou
Came here to say that sometimes the animation for the Impalement skill doesn’t show- the game will just pause for a second and then the oil surface suddenly appears.

That may be related; others have not reported skill effects being missing, but a couple of people have mentioned textures rendering slowly, and if a skill animation is delayed too long it may be skipped. The crashes are also skill related for a lot of people.

Originally Posted by cantuse
what I'm wondering is if this only affects games/saves that existed prior to the upgrade.

At least one person reported starting a new game and still getting crashes. The problem is looking like a GPU issue, as well, rather than a problem in the saves themselves (in the latter case, QA probably would have had an easier time reproducing the crashes).

Originally Posted by Adriald
Could the problem be specific to a region?

I think more people are just mentioning their location if they live near a Larian office.

stranger
stranger

Originally Posted by cantuse
what I'm wondering is if this only affects games/saves that existed prior to the upgrade.

At least one person reported starting a new game and still getting crashes. The problem is looking like a GPU issue, as well, rather than a problem in the saves themselves (in the latter case, QA probably would have had an easier time reproducing the crashes).

Is there a way for an individual player to roll back the update so we can confirm the issues is due to the update or not, while using the same save? Or is the update built into the savegame now and it's impossible to separate the two?

stranger
stranger
Like others, I created an account to add my voice to the chorus. Game crashing constantly during combat in act 2 in Stonegarden on the switch. Playing handheld mostly. Had worked flawlessly for the previous ~25 hours but now am having all kinds of crashes in combat. Such a bummer. Was really enjoying the game up until this point but now progress has been halted. Hope there is a fix soon.

stranger
stranger
Hi, just created the account to respond. I live in Dublin if it can help.

stranger
stranger
Continually crashing since entering act two. Also signed up just to report this.

I’m playing with cross save enabled, and a number of the larian mods turned on. I have a solo build. Haven’t yet been able to complete the battle in blackpits. It always crashes before I’m able to finish the battle.

A lot of times when restarting the app (all times I think), I’m told saves mismatch and then I download the latest from cloud. Even though all saves had previously synchronised without issue.

Game has become unplayable which is such a shame.

Issue occurs both *docked and undocked*. Mainly only ever in fights. Has even been in small fights. Was happening continually at the fights with the hanging just outside of town a few times also.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by thraxx
Is there a way for an individual player to roll back the update so we can confirm the issues is due to the update or not, while using the same save? Or is the update built into the savegame now and it's impossible to separate the two?

I don't think there is any way to roll back updates. If there was, an earlier version of the game would be able to load saves made in the previous game version, but not any made since the last update.

Originally Posted by Grey VI
I’m playing with cross save enabled, and a number of the larian mods turned on. I have a solo build. Haven’t yet been able to complete the battle in blackpits. It always crashes before I’m able to finish the battle.

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save(s) in or before that battle (whatever saves are the most reliable for crashing), or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc.
Once synced to PC, each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Currently we only have one situation where the crashes can sometimes be reproduced, so additional saves where we can reproduce this will speed up testing of a workaround, and help confirm the cause of the crashes.

stranger
stranger
Will do! Just gotta get the Mac setup. Have been exclusively gaming on Switch.

stranger
stranger
Does it need to be a steam bought version to cloud sync saves? Or can I do it using my gog version in steam?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, the GOG version can not sync to Steam's cloud service, and the Switch cross saves only work with Steam.

stranger
stranger
My Switch version v3.6.51.133 crashes at the same spot battling possessed dwarves on Reaper's Coast. It's an expensive letdown so I hope that they do something to compensate or fix it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

@Raze, is there any way to extract the save files from the Switch? I don't have the game on Steam and thus I can't send any save files to you through m'y PC.

Thanks !

stranger
stranger
Hi,

How can I help with debugging this issue?

Support
Support

There is a fix being tested now, and a patch being prepared for submission.

Furyan87;
Unfortunately, the only way to get the saves off the Switch is with the Steam cross save function.

Asar_BS;
There isn't any debugging left to do. Additional saves where this is reproducible couldn't hurt, but I'm not sure they would speed up the patch testing.

stranger
stranger
Update..Got my first crash a few moments ago. I just arrived at reapers coast and met meistr siva, and the game froze in the battle shortly after.

As for slow loading textures, every once in a while I notice certain ground textures ( like the wooden floorboards in some driftwood interiors) taking maybe 20+ seconds to finish rendering.

stranger
stranger
I want to say that I’m really happy that the team has worked so hard to try and get this fixed. Hopefully the testing proves good and we get a patch soon. It’s been hard not playing the game the last week or so. It really is otherwise an extraordinarily good (and challenging) game.

stranger
stranger
It seems they are taking this seriously and are trying to fix it. I have been enjoying this game and it has provided me lots of hours of entertainment. This is only the second title I've bought for the Switch. The first game I bought was an RPG and way too short so this game has been great. It took me forever to get out of Fort Joy, which is a good thing. At first I was pretty upset but now that Larian has responded so promptly to concerns, I have more confidence that they are trying to make it right.

stranger
stranger
Yeah, I'd like to also say support have very helpful and communicative about this. Looking forward to getting back into the game!

stranger
stranger
after 30 hours of gameplay on Nintendo, crashing has made the game unplayable. As others have said, seems to have started after latest update. In act 2. Occurs during battles (often with flames) and out of combat when there is a lot of elements being displayed; explosions. hope this is fixed soon, crashed 7 times in an hour an a half, unable to progress.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard