Next Thread
Print Thread
#656899 15/11/19 08:18 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK, since I've found the bell, I'm doing much better. However, in the Bachus vault, I lost one of my team. I'm out of resurrection scrolls and I haven't found a single water essence. My first thought was to return to the Ft Joy area and pick up another companion but - it won't let me. Well, I can't talk to the dead guy and tell him to leave my group no, can I? smile I'd rather not continue one short. Without cheating, is there a way around this? Is there any place especially good to find water essence? I doubt I have enough gold and goods (besides, dead guy is my barter guy) to buy one and I haven't seen any for sale. Suggestions?

I'm not sure this matters for this but my team is level 5.

Last edited by caninelegion; 15/11/19 08:18 AM.
Support
Support

If you dismiss one or both of your living companion characters and recruit other origin characters, if available, they will each start out with a resurrection scroll. You can then dismiss them, and re-recruit the originals from somewhere in the sanctuary.

Raze #656910 16/11/19 01:22 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK, so the key is to dismiss one allowing an additional character. I assume total party will be limited to three until the dead member is resurrected. I found my unused companions at their normal places at Ft Joy so I (again) assume that, if I release any in the swamp, they will go to the sanctuary but back to their Ft Joy location if released there? I say this because, as of my last save, we are all in the Ft Joy area of the island (teleported to the north beach and avoided the prison since I assume (yet again smile ) that the magisters will be unhappy that we escaped and I don't want to fight them all.

Suggestion: in any future, similar games, perhaps what should disqualify adding a team member is the total members present less any deceased ones (if that is even possible). It seems more intuitive to me that way.

Support
Support

After you've escaped the fort itself, dismissed companions will go to the sanctuary.
The magisters will indeed be hostile upon your return.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Thanks!

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
This isn't real important but one seems to have disappeared; Sebille has gone AWOL. I found the undead character off by himself (I stole his mask, no choice in the matter) on the coast but haven't found the elfan maniac. Is there a spot she should be? NOTE: Beast was within the haven but later, wasn't there (along with two NPCs - the person crying due to Garret's disappearance and the dwarf comforting her) then later still, all three were there. Is this normal?

Support
Support

Initially Sebille should be south of Fort Joy Square, at the entrance to the section with Stingtail, the dreamer (walks to about x:183 y:100 when you first approach). After being recruited and dismissed outside of the fort, she should be in the sanctuary, on the platform in the middle of the camp (x:441 Y:29).

The NPCs in the shelter can move in response to quest progression, but I don't recall them leaving and returning.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Thanks. I didn't see her on the platform but I'll look again. I think the Beast thing was just a temporary glitch. I guess if one misses something, ie, I never had Ifan talk to the guard in Ft Joy, that that progression in story ends? Well, as per usual, I'll be replaying and at some point Ifan will be the main character.

Support
Support

Ifan doesn't need Boris alive to get the information he would have given (loot his body, if he is dead), and even if you don't interact with him at all, the story will still progress.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard