Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Support
Support

The patch was submitted yesterday, so should be approved within 5 business days. We requested an expedited approval process, but an exception doesn't appear likely.

stranger
stranger
Praise be, can't wait for that to hit. Thanks for keeping us filled in on what's going on

stranger
stranger
Likewise I really appreciate these updates, and all the time sensitive work that's required to get my new favorite game back on track!

stranger
stranger
Thanks for fix and status updates :hihi:

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Hello all! The patch is now live.

stranger
stranger
Yes! Thanks for making it happen. Impressed with the response here. Looking forward to getting back into the game.

stranger
stranger
Thanks! I haven’t had any problems since updating and the framerate in large battles seems better too.

stranger
stranger
I've just downloaded the patch, and I'm HAPPY to report that the game seems to have stopped crashing during the saving process!! I haven't been able to continue playing until now (one month has passed since I ran into serious crashing issues), and it feels GREAT to be able to play Divinity: Original Sin 2 again on my Nintendo Switch!! Also, I've noticed that overall performance of the game has increased by around ~15% with this patch. smile

Thanks to Larian's awesome dev team who were able to address these issues so quickly! Also special thanks to Raze for being such an awesome communicator for the entire team and all players! Man, somebody get this guy a succubus! ;D

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys ! I wanted to tell that we dont have crash anymore thanks to the patch!
What a relief!

Thanks Raze for the updates during that issue!

Regards,

Furyan

stranger
stranger
Patch seems to have fixed the crashes! Also the game seems like it's running smoother now in general? Not sure but it *seems* better

stranger
stranger
I have no more crashes with this fix. Thank you !!
I am very interested in the technical part of what was the problem. Could you give a little inside information on what exactly caused the crash?

stranger
stranger
I have time to test patch yesterday and I don't have crash any more.

Support
Support

The crashing was due to a GPU memory buffer issue. It was hard to reproduce due to slight differences with development hardware (we can test with retail hardware, but there is not really any way to get any debug into then).

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I wanted to express my thanks to those at the studio for working to patch this issue. While the main issue of crashes has been resolved, I have noticed another minor issue that has emerged with this patch. One thing I have noticed during playthroughs is how certain visual effects like fire, smoke,the new erratic entities and etc, have a tendency to "flicker" on and off which can either be distracting or make it difficult to tell at a glance if someone is being affected by status conditions or not.
I wanted to inform those at the studio that this has been a minor issue I've been experiencing since the patch and am hoping will to some degree be resolved.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback.

Support
Support

Try clearing the system cache, if you have not done so since the hotfix: in the Home menu open System Settings, then select System, Formatting Options, Clear Cache and then the current user.
Note that this will also reset the system language and brightness setting.

I'll check with the Switch programmers if this is a known issue (haven't seen it reported before).

The next update should include changes to some textures, and a change in how they are compressed (new version of a Nintendo SDK).

S
stranger
stranger
S
this is getting beyond a joke.

After playing exactly one hour I crashed. (switch)

It happens every hour on the dot.
I am getting p****d with it.

playing on pc doesn't crash at all....

something needs to be done because I am unable to finish reapers Coast

Fort joy 0 crashes.
reaper over the top crashes. If I had the game card wouldn't be an issue but because it was only release as limited we have to put up with the bs crashing.

It happens every Hour on the hour.

I was about to help the little boy's mum on the bridge but... CRASH! stopped that.

I am getting to the stage where I won't be playing it because this is getting beyond a joke.

I have even cleared the cache but doesn't help.
fresh install doesn't help.

trying moving game from sd card to the console itself.
(don't have high hopes for this either)
nope still crashed...

Last edited by Skaldi; 14/10/20 10:26 PM. Reason: updating
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear this. I had a frequently crashing problem on the Switch that was solved by redownloading the game -- but it sounds like that didn't solve it for you.

Do you get an error code with the crash?

Have you tried playing with your Switch in airplane mode? At least that could eliminate network access.

And have you emailed supportdos2@larian.com with this?

M
stranger
stranger
M
The regularity of the crashes on the Switch has made this game unplayable. Early in the game a crazy was very rare, but since getting to Arx, the game crashes very often. It crashes most of the time during a quick save. So before that quick save is able to finish, the game crashes. I lose quite a bit of progress.....and saving the game has become the most nerve wracking part vs the tough battles. Any fix on the way?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard