Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657236 25/11/19 07:26 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A friend and I went through and beat the game without any mods, so now we're starting a new Lone Wolf game and have almost all the mods turned on, which I will list below). One of the mods we're using is the Herb Garden, mostly so we never have to worry about money, or enhancing our runes. We were able to harvest about 3 buckets worth of drudane but now the buckets don't get cleared when we interact with them. They still give us an herb or two, but will never empty and allow themselves to be reused. We've tried saving and reloading the game with no luck, and we're not in an area where we can reload the map itself. I've tried with Whisperwood as well and the same thing happens.

We're playing on the Xbox One, and these are the mods we have turned on:
8 Action Points
Herb Gardens
Animal Empathy
Hagglers
Crafter's Kit
Fort Joy Magic Mirror
Improved Organization
Pet Power
Sourcerous Sundries
Endless Runner

Support
Support

A few people reported this in the Steam forum, and a couple here, with some speculation that it could be triggered by trying to harvest just as the herbs were ready, or otherwise trying to harvest quickly.
One person on PC emailed support with saves before and after this started; I couldn't reproduce the problem in the earlier save (if it is a timing issue it must be fairly sensitive), but made a bug report for a programmer to check the later save.

Raze #657239 25/11/19 08:53 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I noticed it happened when we were trying to go a bit fast so I reloaded an old save from right after we landed on fort joy and it seems to work fine if you go slow. Was there a patch for how many herbs you get per harvest? Before I could get like 300+ in maybe 10 mins, but now it takes me a good 20 min to get even 100.

stranger
stranger
If intentional then it’s more fair that way, no? I heard it’s a bit too easy to make money with this mod on.

BlueLou #657283 26/11/19 02:59 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, it's very easy to make money, but why put out a mod and then nerf it? If anything, just add a mod that let's us DoS2 veterans just have infinite money or something. A friend and I found a way to cheese the void fish barrel in Arx where we cash in the same fish about 3 times. When you're in Act 2 the vendors even sell the void fish for like 2gp each, so we had hundreds of fish we cashed in. Ended up gearing all 4 characters to the gills and walked thru the final fights. "But that would break/ruin the game!" but it's already exploitable so who cares if there was an infinite money mod?

Support
Support

There wasn't another game update, so maybe you just got lucky the first time through, or have been unlucky the second.

stranger
stranger
Hello, its 19 July and I got this bug, while playing coop with a friend. The sypmtoms all the same - in all newest saves the seedlings pop, get collected, but do not disappear from the bucket, locking it for future use. If i load earlier saves evrything is fine. whatever shenanigans i do with current save - won't fix.

I tried:
- creating new seedlings for different herbs (same effect)
- creating through recipes or manually
- throwing all seedlings away/ destroying them with fire
- making seedlings with fresh buckets and clay filled ones
- saving/ loading with different states of growing new seedlings, with seedlings in my bag, in wares, on the ground and so on
- planting several seedlings at the same time and clicking them in random order, cicling through different "ripeness" stages
- askied my friend to try the abovementioned stuff (he has exactly same results)

Is this bug still on roadmap?

Kallox #670845 19/07/20 09:11 PM
Support
Support

If you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your oldest save where you can not harvest the plants (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) and most recent before this problem started. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Raze #671454 02/08/20 10:27 PM
stranger
stranger
Raze,

Have they been able to find the source of this issue? I've had the exact same thing. I too think it was because I started to harvest a seedling right before it indicated it was ready. Unfortunately, since this was coop, we've progressed several hours past that point and any named saves. I can provide a "known good" save, and a recent save, but they will not be sequential on either side of the bug, but with hours of gameplay between. Would this be of benefit, or would the saves be too divergent to help trace the issue?

Support
Support

There has been no update to the bug report, but recently the focus was on finalising the next game update.
It wouldn't hurt to have additional saves where this has happened, even is it isn't immediately before and after (even better would be before, with a way to at least somewhat reliably reproduce the problem).

Raze #672500 22/08/20 09:13 AM
stranger
stranger
I am also having that issue on my ps4. If I pick them up first I can Harvest them from my inventory.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello !
Sorry to dig up an old subject like this one, but it seems that ntgh has been done to correct this matter, isn't it ?
We launched a new game with a friend a few days ego and we got the same bug...
Can we hope for a fix ?

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard