Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A lot of folks seem to idolize Baldur's Gate 1&2 and to a lesser extent NWN1&2, but those games would likely never have happened with the success of the Gold Box Games.

Pool of Radiance, Azure Bonds, Silent Blades, Pool of Darkness, Savage Frontier, Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace.

I just thought these amazing games (and their Dragonlance sister games), deserved to be remembered and appriatated.

And I hope BG3 has some call backs to these games.

enthusiast
enthusiast
They are not underrated just forgotten. Because less people played them at their time.

Last edited by Hawke; 02/12/19 02:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah exactly. People in the industry very much remember and speak very highly of the Gold Box games. It's just that not that many average people at that time had computers, so the people who got to play them are a small group.

I myself have suggested on many game developer forums the idea of someone doing a modern-day version of the Gold Box games: a series of relatively small, one-off games paralleling the TT game modules that WotC has been very prolific with releasing in the 5e era.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
They are not underrated just forgotten. Because less people played them at their time.

They successful by the standards of their day, that is why they made so many of them. It's also why GoG sells many them.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard