Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gwydian's quest bugged? #657561
06/12/19 10:42 AM
06/12/19 10:42 AM
Levianne Offline OP
Levianne  Offline OP

I'm running to Blackpits right now and just noticed, after saving this guy from the oh so evil Gareth's old friend, that something is fishy here. Saving this guy opened the conversation and the first thing after thanking me for the help and yada yada, he asked, if I by any chance met his family. You know, I saved them from the inquisitor guy and they begged me to find Gwydian, to rescue him, but no, there's no option to tell him, his family is safe, instead I don't know anything of their fate. Does my character suffer memory loss? It was just few moments ago when we spoke to them. It would be fine, if you could save him first, then the family, but you can't, well at least you're supposed to first meet them, then looking for their boy, it's down the road. Saving him first would mean you're running the opposite way (which pretty much is impossible without cheating/using other means of travel). You meet the family first, then the boy. So why isn't there the option to tell him, they're ok?

EDIT: I know, that Hannag will give you this quest as well, if you help her first, then go to save Gwydian, it's basically the same as his family, but I'm not sure, how the dialogue with him change, when you meet him in front of the family house. Right now (without helping Hannag first), he mentions her, but kknows nothing of her fate and so does my party, because we haven't met her yet. Does it change this encounter with Gwydian (the later, near the house)?

Last edited by Levianne; 06/12/19 11:25 AM.
Re: Gwydian's quest bugged? [Re: Levianne] #657571
07/12/19 06:02 AM
07/12/19 06:02 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

If you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your most recent save before saving Gwydian (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), as well as the most recent before saving his family. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Re: Gwydian's quest bugged? [Re: Levianne] #657573
07/12/19 07:20 AM
07/12/19 07:20 AM
Levianne Offline OP
Levianne  Offline OP

Unfortunately I'm keeping only one single save at any time, even disabled autosaving (that was pretty annoying) and already saved after helping Hannag, so family and Gwydian both saved and already overwritten. I was posting it while doing the quest, but decided it's not game breaking, after their reunion the journal closes the quest like it should. It's more about the logic within the story, than game mechanics, I saved the boy's family but my character doesn't remember it, until we meet them all in front of their house. Then he thanks me for all I've done for them. Maybe the option to tell him about his family is missing by design, I don't know, but feel like it really should be there. After saving Hannag, she asks to help her apprentice, I've read to advance the quest you need to exit her dialogue and talk to her again, but that's not necessary, I just told her, that he's already save. Same situation like with the family, but with Hannag, it works. With Gwydian it won't work the suggested way, once you exit the conversation, he will leave.