Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just want to make sure I didn't miss an update. Is it still true that there is no way to multi-select items on the PC version? They mentioned it would be coming soon about a year an a half ago.

I adore this game, but man this is crazy!

Support
Support

All I ever saw was people claiming that someone else claimed it would be added for the keyboard UI.
However, I asked about this when multi-select was first added for the controller UI, and as far as I know there were never any plans to add it to the keyboard UI.

veteran
veteran
But WHY NOT? The mouse and keyboard is literally made to make multi-select easy. They were able to do multi-select with a controller, there's no reason they can't do it for mouse + keyboard.

Right-shift is used currently for setting movement waypoints. Overload it so when clicking on an inventory item it adds it to the current selection.

Saying "Oh, but they never promised such and such" is just being weaselly.

Support
Support

No idea; there were either technical issues with adding it retroactively to the existing UI, or it would have required more time to implement than was feasible to devote to it. Multi-select was added for the controller UI because inventory management was much more cumbersome than with the keyboard UI.

Countering inaccurate statements is not being weaselly, especially when the claim being made is that it was promised.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard