Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I got caught by this one. I searched and there have been others with this issue.
I have two idols... one pickpocketed and one from the Kiss quest.
The non-stolen one disappeared from inventory and I have confirmed this from loading game saves. This happened in Wrecker's cave.

A couple of things that happened between the saves:
1. Character died and idol turned ashen (however, game was never saved with ashen idol).
2. Idol was moved to another character who was in a separate area from the original person with the idol. (Wrecker's cave has characters separated for awhile, but inventory can me moved between characters).

The idol is not in any character's inventory, not in a backpack, not in a bag, and nowhere in the caves. It completely disappeared.

Support
Support

If you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your most recent save where you had both idols and the oldest where you did not (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), as well as your most recent save. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I thought mine disappeared also but I found that when it is charged it shows up under miscellaneous sorting but when it is empty it only shows up if you show all in the inventory and on top of that once used it can change to another companion on its own.

Originally Posted by Nefertari
I thought mine disappeared also but I found that when it is charged it shows up under miscellaneous sorting but when it is empty it only shows up if you show all in the inventory and on top of that once used it can change to another companion on its own.

The empty one should show in materials/ingredients.
It will only transfer during crafting to a companion, if the recipe is using their resurrection scroll, that means material in their inventory. It happens when I'm crafting arrows and using arrow shafts in Ifan's inventory, he gets the final product everytime.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yes, I feel stupid at this point. When it's used, it shows up as an ingredient rather than miscellaneous. I still have it, but it's catergorized differently now! Thanks!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard