Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello there smile

I've started to play a bit with the Divinity Engine, and I've used it only to edit the stats of existing spells (cooldown and AP cost).
Once my mod was finished, I tried it in-game.

The modifications are applied, and everything works correctly. Except the name and description of the spells.
--> They appear in english language - except I'm french and my game is fully translated in french.
To be honest, It's not really a problem since I can still play. But I would still like to correct this slight mistake and make my mod really smooth.

Except I don't know how to do it...

Do I have to translate by hand the name and description of EVERY spell in the Localization Folder of my mod ? (there are so many...)

Thanks in advance for your precious advice, best regards,

Support
Support

I checked on this, and was told:
"If the stats editor resets the localization UUID then the link with localization will be gone and whatever is filled in in the editor as name/description, will show up, regardless of selected language.
If you edit the stats files as text, or if you diff the files after editing in the editor, you can prevent this by not touching the localization UUID."

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for your reply,

What do you mean by
Originally Posted by Raze
diff the files after editing in the editor

If I understand correctly, now that my mod is finished, I have to go in DivinityOriginalSin2/DefEd/Data/Public/"ModsName" and edit the files with Notepad++ ?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Which files should I edit to get the names and descriptions in french ?

This one ? :

https://ibb.co/wMmDzSt

Or this one ? :

https://ibb.co/cC5vQmN

Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by vometia; 19/12/19 04:56 PM. Reason: links
Support
Support

If you didn't change anything in the lsb file, did you try replacing the updated file with the original version? (ie, restoring the original UUIDs)
If there were changes to the content of the file, other than new UUIDs, replacing the entire file wouldn't work, since it would revert things you want to change.

stranger
stranger
Yea I'm french aswell and I'm running into the same problem. The game just won't translate back the abilities I edited in Divinity Engine 2. I tried deleting the lsb files, to no avail. Tried editing the txt files manually, same result. Come on man, just translate the edited stuff back to the game's language, what is this?!

This mod doesn't do that, everything that's modified remains translated: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1523655393

Also, what is "UUID", please? (:

Thanks in advance.

stranger
stranger
*By abilities I mean skills / spells but you get the idea.

stranger
stranger
Okay, the source of the problem is the message "Did not export translated strings" which randomly shows up in the Divinity Engine 2 console whenever you save a change in the stats editor.

This one, extremely annoying: https://i.imgur.com/MP20El5.png

Anyone from Larian know why this is happening? Why can't Divinity Engine 2 "export translated strings", exactly?

Support
Support

UUID = universally unique identifier (a series of numbers and letters)
The UUID is how the game identifies the text to be displayed; if the UUID is changed, then as far as the game can tell, the edited text is no longer related to the edited skill.

Have you checked Larian's Discord? That is more active now than the forum, and there may be people from Larian there who can offer modding support.
If that doesn't help, I can check on this.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I found a solution, even if a bit extreme...

I clicked on "TranslatedStringKey" in the Editor and edited manually every names and description back into french, based on the french wiki.
It took some time, but the result is perfect. I guess it's the only viable solution that I have found for now. It did the trick for me because I only had a dozen of spells to edit.
However, for someone who is trying to do something like a complete class overhaul, he is up for a very long and demoralizing task.

If you find something more efficient, don't hesitate to complete this thread. And thanks for the help and the answers. smile

stranger
stranger
Tu te fais chier pour rien. La solution qui a fonctionné pour moi c'est simplement de sauvegarder à nouveau ton mod et s'assurer que ce vieux message d'erreur se réaffiche pas. Et là les trucs que t'as modifiés seront en français.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard