After I upgraded to MacOS Catalina (10.15), DOS:EE stopped being able to see user profiles (this may be related to my use of iCloud for the Documents folder, but I’m not sure).
I tried changing many things with permissions and ownership of the app and documents but, long story short, here’s what worked for me:
- Your game settings should be in ~/Documents/Larian Studios/. Move the ‘Larian Studios’ folder to your desktop (or just somewhere else).
- Launch DOS:EE and create a new profile and then quit. You should find a new 'Larian Studios' folder with your settings in it has been created.
- OTHER than your “PlayerProfiles” folder move everything inside your OLD:
Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/
folder to the new one in your Documents folder.
- Delete the CONTENTS of the NEW PlayerProfiles folder (but leave the folder).
- Move the CONTENTS of your OLD PlayerProfiles folder into the new PlayerProfiles folder.
Relaunch DOS:EE and you should be good to go.
It may be that one can actually move the PlayerProfiles directory but the steps above are what I did that worked so I didn’t want to suggest anything else (because, despite having tried changing privileges and ownership, my instinct is that I was still looking at some sort of permission problem, so wanted to use as few of the old files as possible).
Hope that helps!