Print Thread
Need help editing a texture #658265
15/01/20 03:05 AM
15/01/20 03:05 AM
SarahSyna Offline OP
stranger
SarahSyna  Offline OP
stranger

Hi there. I want to edit the eyes on one of the human heads to a different colour, but have had no luck trying to do so. I had hoped that unpacking the textures pak, editing the file, and then repacking would work, but as I said, no luck.

I've no idea how to approach it in the toolset since the character textures don't even show up there and I have had no joy finding anything online to help. I'd super appreciate a hand with this.

Edit: I managed to figure out where the heads are in the resource manager, but it won't let me add any resources (saying there's no pak) but nothing I've tried, including creating a pak by saving the mod as one, makes a difference or lets me select a pak in the drop-down when I try to add a texture. All the documentation is really vague and seems to assume you already know what you're doing, so I've really hit a wall here.

I'm also not sure what settings the dds files should be saved with. I think they're wrong though as the one time I managed to import something the preview just went black.

Last edited by SarahSyna; 15/01/20 04:20 AM.
Re: Need help editing a texture [Re: SarahSyna] #658270
15/01/20 06:56 AM
15/01/20 06:56 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

You may want to check Larian's Discord if there are no answers here. There are other modders there (moreso than the forum now), and possibly people from Larian who can offer modding support.