Next Thread
Print Thread
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image]

Hey Everyone,

Today we have released our latest Gift Bag: Sourceror Secrets. This new content has been added to your game absolutely free and is filled with new features - including the ability to use your bedroll to restore Source Points and the inclusion of new talents to pick from when you create or respec your character.

The contents of each Gift Bag are accessible via the in-game menu where you can independently enable or disable each individual feature. And all of these new features are compatible with all prior Gift Bags (Beauty Salon, Song Of Nature and Order & Magic.)

Gift Bag 4 includes:

From The Ashes
Party members automatically resurrect when using the bedroll out of combat.

Source Meditation
Source Points are restored when using the bedroll.

Divine Talents
Adds several new talents to pick from during Character Creation or Character Respec.

Spirit Vision
Spirit Vision lasts forever and has a larger range.

Please note that once enabled, these features will roll over to your saves on PC, or vice versa on Switch if you have cloud save transfers enabled.

Remember, if you want exclusive updates on all things Larian, Divinity and Baldur’s Gate 3, make sure you’re signed up to the Larian Gazette at the following link: Larian Gazette

Happy adventures,
The Larian Crew

In addition to the Gift Bag content there are a number of updates and fixes in the update today, these cover:

Updates:

- Added Czech language
- Improved usability on the Larian Modifications menu

Bug Fixes:

-Fixed Achievements being locked in a new Campaign game having started a separate Adventure with Larian Modifications turned on first
-Fixed Black Cat becoming hostile after the client uses the Black Cat Whistle in multiplayer
-Fixed several issues with having two black cats after escaping from Fort Joy and having Nine Lives modifier turned on
-Fixed Sir Lora being a ninja. He now has correct footstep sounds.
-Fixed some dialogue inconsistencies in Fort Joy with Song Of Nature Gift Bag
-Fixed small text and name issues
-Fixed macOS 10.15 specific compatibility issues
-Fixed a crash related to having a high amount of logical processors

Last edited by Larian_QA; 07/02/20 09:54 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
Are the issues with "Hagglers" resolved now? hehe

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Support
Support

No, that was not fixed before the last patch was finalised.

journeyman
journeyman
Any chance some of these "easy button" additions could get some more variants?

For example, we're having debate in our multi-player group about the bedroll resurrection and source recovery options. As is, they're such all-or-nothing options. We either completely trivialize theses things or we live with the status quo.

For example, I think I might like the Source recovery option if it was something like one use every X hours.

As for the bedroll rez option, I currently like that my players are careful and adverse to dying and wasting rez scrolls. I worry that giving free out-of-combat rezes will lead to more reckless behaviour, more party wipes, and more battle do-overs, etc. As a result, while I wouldn't mind entertaining some other "free" rez options I do wish there was some kind of costs we could impose... Like maybe some kind of debuff for X hours if a player uses it (like a temporary level drain or vitality penalty.)

And is there no middle ground for Spirit Vision lasting as it does in the default game or "forever" in the mod? Forgive my ignorance on this one... we haven't gotten to see how this ability impacts the game yet (and we're avoiding spoilers as much as we can) so I don't know how enabling this mod will affect things.

Lastly, does anyone have a list of what the new Divine Talents are? When I see a warning that enabling the feature will "roll over to my saves" I don't feel like I really have an option to test these things out before committing to them.

Support
Support

If you make a new save before enabling the mod(s) you can revert back to that after testing, if required (though that would mean redoing however much gameplay you did while testing; though for Divine Talents you can just use the respec mirror to switch to other talents).

stranger
stranger
I'm playing on switch and pc. Since Gift Bag Sourceror Secrets released I can't add any Gift Bags options to my switch games without it crashing. The PC runs them fine. On switch, I tried to make a new game but when I go to add a gift bag option the game crashes. They all worked before the Sourceror Secrets released.

Support
Support

I replied in your separate topic.

stranger
stranger
I've been doing some testing with sadist on a dual wielding rogue and have found varied results on what can proc it. Can we get a list of what skills will apply sadist? Difficult to build a character around new talents when you find out 90% of your attacks don't even use it. So far I've found whirlwind and crippling blow. Are there any others?

I know its a long shot, but since I made an account just to ask about sadist... Is there a possibility of getting more detailed tool tips? For example venom coating says it applies to your weapons (plural), but if you're dual wielding it only seems to proc once per attack, range and what stats a skill like sparking swings scales with, explosive trap seems to scale with the pyromancy skill of the creature that walks on it instead of casts it, etc.I know some skills say what they scale with, but they're not all always clear so players can never be sure on the effectiveness of skills without testing and the combat log doesn't show the source for each piece of damage.

ps. I'd love to see a new difficulty mod in the future. Loving the gift bags so far, but combat randomizer does less to make the game harder and more to be annoying with either random elemental immunity (looking at you walking disaster and rock/hard place) or eye for an eye wrecking my party with little counter play besides chip damage and lots of healing.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
On this topic does antone know what "Haymaker" does?

Support
Support

Haymaker: Your attacks never miss but cannot deal critical strikes.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Thanks Raze.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Raze

Haymaker: Your attacks never miss but cannot deal critical strikes.

I thought that was referring to somebody's snarky comment for a moment: scrolled back looking for a post by "Haymaker".

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
I'm still hoping for a storyline and quest based giftbag that gives custom characters some plot relevance to exist one day, but would also like to state that the Sourcerous sundries mod needs work. The amount of items required to upgrade a piece of gear is just a guessing at times and Herb garden feels more decorative( doesn't mean beautifying the Lady Vengeance isn't fun) than tactically beneficial.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Shadow Kagamine
Can we get a list of what skills will apply sadist?

Any skills that count as melee weapon skills for other effects, like Enrage, should work (Crippling Blow, Corrupted Blade, Sawtooth Knife, etc).

Originally Posted by ShadowStorm
I'm still hoping for a storyline and quest based giftbag

Quest and dialogue related additions are very unlikely at this point.

stranger
stranger
So I checked if this http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=658184#Post658184 issue is still present, and it looks like it is, are there plans to fix it in the next update?

stranger
stranger
3.6.58.1306 Doesn't fix it either sadly.

journeyman
journeyman
At least I can say that unlikely is better than impossible. The reason for my near constant ranting on this subject is my desire to ensure the game's longevity and increase its popularity. It changed my life, but how or why are stories for another time.

Support
Support

This should indeed be fixed in the next update (no ETA yet). It was marked to be fixed in the last major update, but the fix wasn't complete until after the update was finalised. For the 3.6.58.1306 hotfix, it was just specific new/critical fixes added to an update.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I really hope http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=658184 essaytyper.pro issue will be fixed some time soon but it seems not to be the top priority one. Waiting for the next hotfix!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard