Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 57 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 57
Support
Support
Originally Posted by GreyWolf
there's not enough tenebrium. The funny thing is, I have got 30 bars in my inventory.

The message is referring to Tenebrium the skill, rather than the bar; level 3 is required to combine tenebrium bars with a weapon.

Originally Posted by Georgiy Savchuk
I have a few more questions:

3. Yes, the skill preview is not exact and the effect can hit or miss characters near the edges not indicated by the preview, depending on the terrain and skill.

4. I guess not based on your description. Divine Light sets the Warm status, and Burning is listed in Bodybuilding's tooltip, so apparently lesser variations are not included (Chilled isn't listed, but Frozen is). Based on the listed statuses, it should be possible to determine whether skill effects would be blocked by Bodybuilding or Willpower.
Speaking of Divine light, though, IMO a more significant omission that skill's tooltip not mentioning that it removes surfaces and clouds in its cone of effect.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for your answers, Raze!

Originally Posted by Raze
Based on the listed statuses, it should be possible to determine whether skill effects would be blocked by Bodybuilding or Willpower.
Speaking of Divine light, though, IMO a more significant omission that skill's tooltip not mentioning that it removes surfaces and clouds in its cone of effect.

I just realized that 'Savings Through' list of Divine Light tooltip contains Bodybuilding.. So if it's not clear if particular defense ability is blocking some spell based on tooltip of that ability (in case if spell consists of a few statuses, for example) - I can always look into the tooltip of the spell itself. Sorry, my bad )

stranger
stranger
Hi, I really want to play game witch Steam Controller, but it is not possible, because when I switch to Controller mode, the game menu get bigger, but Steam Controller or my USB Controller stop working, mouse stop working too, so I can only press Alt+F4, then I can again work with mouse. I tried it with many overlay setting, from big picture mode, without bit picture, steam runtime, steam native, over steam link, from gnome, from plasma, from icewm, but the Controller mode is everywhere the same - without response. But the Steam Controller or USB Controller, which is PS4 compatible is normally working in other game. I looked over internet and that is not just my problem, this problem have so many people. Please Larian Studios, can you pleas check this and fix it pleas? Or is here some workaround? I am using Arch Linux, but on internet there is so many same problems with other distributions ....
PS: because I am really disappointed about that situation, I tried another udev rules, run the game outside of Steam, Proton Emulated version, I am sure, that problem is not just mine ....
PPS: this is my original post: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=656648

stranger
stranger
figure it out with this tool: https://github.com/kozec/sc-controller

stranger
stranger
After playing about 60 hours in the most beautiful of games, I ran into the following problem. Saves and access to the main menu stopped working.
Steps to reproduce:
1) start game
2) press "Continue" - game load all fine
3) press Esc and select "go to main menu" - game crash after 70-75% of progress bar (in game folder Shipping Shipping create .dmp file)
or
1) start game
2) press "Continue" - game load all fine
3) press "quickload" - game crash after 70-75% of progress bar (in game folder Shipping create .dmp file)
I check game files on Steam - all ok.
I check permission on Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition - no problems.
i disabled firewall and anti-virus - the problem is repeated.
i recreate profile and copy any last save - the problem is repeated.
Only very old saves working... Maybe my last saves broken? But then why does the initial load pass without problems?
How can I check the correctness of my saves? How i clean my saves on any "save editor"?

p.s. OS: Windows 10, Mod: XS_Encounters

Last edited by Winsor; 01/02/20 10:53 PM.
Support
Support

There are corruption issues which can cause the game to crash during the session cleanup procedure (loading a save or returning to the main menu), but not when loading from the main menu.
Other than reverting to a save where this is not an issue, you should be able to work around it by quitting the game and restarting whenever you wish to reload a save (though that could be annoying if you want to reload frequently, trying out different dialogue options or quest solutions, etc).
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to fix such saves.

stranger
stranger
So I just bought the game and I'm playing the heck out of it. But I've runned into the same problem as this guy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/55u625/so_about_that_reveal_spell/
No idea where the spell is even tho I've searched everywhere. I dont know what to do now to continue with the mission so I'll aprecciate a little bit of help laugh.
Thanks!

Last edited by vometia; 05/02/20 02:22 AM. Reason: link
Support
Support

Did you check the homestead chests, backpacks and other containers in your characters' inventories, etc? There is a pouch container that has the same icon as a pouch of bonedust or moondust. If any characters were arrested since getting the scroll, check the Evidence Chests in the Legion headquarters.
Check Evelyn's house, as well, in case you ended up reloading an earlier save for some reason, and didn't re-loot it from the chest.

If there are a limited number of places where you may have been sorting your inventory, checking there with the Alt key pressed could help find it (X in the Linux version, or with Show World Tooltips toggled on using a controller). For example, a couple of people have dropped the scroll around the fountain near Evelyn's house, one at the top of the stairs leading to the crafting station behind the blacksmith's abandoned house, one in the Hall of Heroes near the whetstone and another in a backpack left in the Hall of Wind.
​
​Did you check older saves, if available, until you found the most recent one with the scroll, and oldest without? Knowing when it went missing could help narrow down where it may have been dropped, etc.

If you can not find the scroll, and are playing on PC, please email supportdos@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder (and similarly in OSX; in Linux they are in the home directory).
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it (or them) and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

stranger
stranger
Months ago i could play DOS:EE but now i cant. I have downloaded 4 times DOS:EE on steam and it says "Actualizacion Cancelada" which means "Canceled Update".

-I have tried the following:
1) Changed download region (It was Mexico and changed it to Los Angeles)
2) Erased Cache
3) Check Integrity of files (I dont know how it appears in english) This option appears in Properties > Local Files
4) And last but not least, "Uptate this game when is launched". This option appears in Properties > Updates

Image so someone can understand! https://imgur.com/6xM7KRm

Support
Support

If you check the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition; install folder, are the game files there? If so, can you start the game directly from the '..\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator?

Try logging out of Steam, exit the client, reboot, start Steam again, log in, and see if that helps.

Try checking your drive for errors. In Windows Explorer, right click the drive and select Properties, switch to the Tools tab and click Check Now in the Error-checking section.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, then browse to the SteamApps folder where the game is being installed and delete the contents of the 'downloading' folder. Right click on the Steam shortcut and run it as administrator and try updating/installing the game again.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I just wanted to know why the mesa bug on Linux haven't been patch after the issue been known for now 6 years?

Did the Dev team gave up on the Linux buyers?

Support
Support

The Linux version of the game was updated as long as the Windows and OSX versions were. When the game was released, the proprietary nvidia/AMD drivers were most common.

This is something that will be looked at if there is ever another game update; that has been discussed, but there is no estimate for if or when that may happen.

@Raze Reasonably good to hear that an update isn't off the table conpletely. If it ever happens, addressing the Linux sound bug would also be very welcome. (The sound tends to disappear in prolonged fights, and only ever comes back by saving and reloading the game.)

Support
Support

The sound bug is another we would like to address. When updates were winding down it wasn't reported very much and it was only sometimes reproducible by QA (and mostly just in Hiberheim), so it was thought to be fairly rare.

stranger
stranger
Thank you for the quick reply Raze, it is good to read

stranger
stranger
Hello!

I bought the game 2 days ago on GOG, the EE edition.
Everythings is fine, but the cutscenes doesn't show up. Just a black screen at first one, I press the ESC, and the game is loading. In the game, I just see my characters where the cutscene starts then nothing. If I press again the ESC, the game is going on.
What is the problem, what should I do?

Thanks!

Support
Support

Try verifying local files: in Galaxy, select the game in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try lowering the game resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anything audio/video related?

One person in the original release of D:OS reported that the videos stopped working, which turned out to be an issue with the MS VC 2008 redistributable files; re-installing those got them playing again. For the Enhanced Edition, try uninstalling the 2013 redistributable package, reboot then reinstall.
C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Dependencies\__redist
or https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Try opening a video in Windows Media Player, pause it, start the game from the executable, start a new game and see if you get the intro cutscene.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable.

One person with sound in the videos but no in-game sound fixed it by using a pak extractor program (topic / download) to extract the contents of the Sound and SoundBanks pak files. You could try that, as well, with the Intro.pak and Video.pak files in the '..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Localization' folder.

After starting the program, switch to the 'PAK / LSV Tools' tab, in the 'Package path' browse to the install folder's Localization folder and select a pak file, then for the 'Extraction / source path' copy/paste the path from the path listed above, then click the 'Extract Package' button.

With the pak files extracted, you should be able to view the .bik videos using a player from the Rad Game Tools website, or some media players support the bik videos format, like PotPlayer (Korean homepage, English downloads: here or here).
Splash_Logo_Larian.bik is the video that should be played each time the game is launched, while Intro_Scene.bik is played when starting a new game, after character creation.

stranger
stranger
Thank you!
I try these recommendations. If these don't work, I don't care. I play the game without the cutscenes, and watch them on internet.
Thanks again!

stranger
stranger
Hi,
We are pretty far in the campaign already an Zixzax stand in front of the Inner Chamber and says something like "I wonder who awaits you in the next chamber ...." but there is no NPC to talk to in the Inner Chamber. From what I could find out our problem is quite similar to the one described in this post (http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=640466). In the beginning one of us somehow ended up in the Inner Chamber and already talked to Trife(?) and now we can't talk to him anymore like Zixzax expects. Is there a way to fix this, maybe edit the save file somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Support
Support

There is a way to work around that problem, if you are playing on PC (which it sounds like if you are).
Please email supportdos@larian.com with your save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Essentially the workaround is to teleport the characters into the last portal (X:320 Y:276), which after advancing down the stairs there should trigger the dialogue again for the portal you entered early, then immediately leaving through the portal back to the main section of the homestead, then entering and leaving the problem portal again.
There is a save editor for the EE but I don't believe it can teleport characters, so this can only be done in a developer build with cheats enabled.

Page 54 of 57 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard