Next Thread
Print Thread
#658860 18/02/20 04:04 AM
B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Hi everyone! I decided to give the game another run after the introduction of Gift Bags, but I'm running into some problems.
Everything goes fine until the cinematic of the ship sinking finishes. Sometimes my computer completely freezes during the load screen, forcing me to reboot; sometimes Windows 10 just crashes with a blue screen and creates a memory dump (so far, three different errors, I don't honestly think they're related). I managed to get into the beach in Fort Joy once, but the game froze right after I loaded again.

Another thing I noticed is that it takes a lot of time in the first load, right after I launch the game - almost two minutes, which is weird because I never had that situation.

I have a Radeon RX570, the game worked fine last time I played it, with the same hardware setup (although I had Windows 7 back then). Every other game I play runs perfectly: WoW, Dota2, Diablo III, Pillars of Eternity 2, and I just finished a run of Divinity Original Sin I without a single problem.

Could this be related to this fix currently in progress? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm really looking forward to try the new features.

Thanks!

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause conflicts (generally on startup or loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs can also caused issues.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator (or '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\Classic\EoCApp.exe' for the original release).

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switch to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

Have you tried starting the Classic version of the game, and seeing if you can get to Fort Joy there?

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, or Galaxy for the GOG version, and just start the game directly from the executable when required.

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2 DE, create a new profile, start a new game, skip through the ship section and see if you can make it to Fort Joy.
If the game still freezes or crashes, delete the new My Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and rename the original back again.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable, to test.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
I tried launching the game without Steam and now it crashes (computer doesn't freezes or get blue screen), but it doesn't give much information. The error is kinda generic, 0xc0000005.
Gonna try another run without gift bag features to see if that's the problem.

UPDATE: tried another run without any mods and the same thing happens, it crashes right after finishing loading Fort Joy beach.

Last edited by BowieFunes; 18/02/20 02:04 PM.
B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Update: tried Classic, it works fine. It seems like it's a problem with the Definitive Edition. Already checked the files with the Steam tool.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Yesterday I played again and it didn't crashed until I got to the Arena, then it froze at the end of the loading screen again.
Any ideas? Please, this is ruining my last days of vacations. XD

Support
Support

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error for the game (maybe sort by Date and Time, or search for 'EoCApp')
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a link to this topic and a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy). Also check the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin' folder for the gold.log file, and if there are any 'CrashDump' files being created, zip a few together to include.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Yes, I mentioned before that it shows an error, here it is. Sorry about the language:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: EoCApp.exe, versión: 3.6.58.1306, marca de tiempo: 0x5e448281
Nombre del módulo con errores: unknown, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x00000000
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000000000000200
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0xec4
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d5e78f30beaeba
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: unknown
Identificador del informe: 3010b3ff-5807-4451-b610-91cab134af53
Nombre completo del paquete con errores:

I'll send the information to the email, thanks. The form to fill and send to Larian showed up yesterday and I sent it anyways.

B
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Welp, it seems that I was finally able to solve this problem. After breaking my head against a wall, the email I got from support gave me a clue: I recalled that my CPU was tweaked because it was overheating, and I performed underclocking via BIOS. The voltage was reduced by 0.14, which considerably lowered the temperature (summers are quite agressive here) without producing trottling nor any other problems... until now.
After messing with it for a while I left it at 0.10 and for now it's working fine. I will let you know if anything else changes!

Many thanks for the help.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard