Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#659000 21/02/20 03:22 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Potion of strong will? every single website says fire essence and empty potion bottle but it does not work! no matter what I do. I even tried greater fire essence but it still doesnt want to work and its getting very frustrating... every single website says use those two simple ingrediants but it says invalid combo

Support
Support

It works fine here (on PC), with regular and high quality fire essences, and a couple of different empty potion bottles (small, with a cork stopper, and slightly larger with a glass stopper).

Are you using any mods that might change recipes?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store release, or GOG without the Galaxy client:

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window.
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

It works fine here (on PC), with regular and high quality fire essences, and a couple of different empty potion bottles (small, with a cork stopper, and slightly larger with a glass stopper).

Are you using any mods that might change recipes?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store release, or GOG without the Galaxy client:

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window.
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

Yeah super weird, everything checks out... I don't use any mods like that either, no. The only mods I really use are the odincore and helaane class mods. I use summoning tweaks, and a few others that really shouldnt interfere with that... grrrr those potions are SOOO good for glass cannon builds man I NEED to figure this out! lol

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Do I need to be at a specific crafting station? Or can I just do it in my inventory?, by pressing "H"

Or wait a second... don't tell me I need to know the recipe before I can combine the materials.. that would be really lame

Last edited by EtherealWarlock; 26/02/20 02:17 AM.
Support
Support

No, you don't need a crafting station, or the recipe. In the inventory you can right click one of the items and 'combine with', then add the other.

If you email supportdos2@larian.com with your save (or email/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), I can take a look at it. If it isn't an issue with a mod, maybe the combination doesn't work with a particulr type of potion bottle, or something. Also include the full list of non-Larian mods enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

No, you don't need a crafting station, or the recipe. In the inventory you can right click one of the items and 'combine with', then add the other.

If you email supportdos2@larian.com with your save (or email/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), I can take a look at it. If it isn't an issue with a mod, maybe the combination doesn't work with a particulr type of potion bottle, or something. Also include the full list of non-Larian mods enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Thank you very much mate I will do that for sure!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard