Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Everyone,

My question is, does changing the core game's settings (shadows, etc) affect the editor's setting as well? And if not, is there a way to reduce the graphical settings on the editor so that it's not eating so much of my GPU (up to 90%)?

Most aspects of the editor (example: stats editor, spark editor, scripts, etc) seem fine. The real problem comes from the world viewer, which makes sense since I'm guessing that's the most graphics intensive part of the software.

I probably don't have the ideal machine but FWIW I have a gaming laptop with a GeForce GTX 1060. By default the game runs on the high end and performs decently. If I drop down the settings, it performs smooth as silk.

The only thing I noticed was when I changed the game settings from fake fullscreen to normal fullscreen, saved it, closed the game, and then ran the editor, the editor did work a bit better but still not great.

I'm hoping to find a way to improve the performance without buying a new computer as this one is fairly new. Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated.

//Fox

stranger
stranger
I'm unsure if there is a direct relation between the client settings and the engine settings, I'd be inclined to say it doesn't just from behaviours I've observed?

I'm not at the pc right now but I know when you switch the editor to game mode and hit esc you get the same in game menu appear, there may be graphic settings in there?

Otherwise I'm running a much older pc fine (i5/gtx750) but I have had to turn my overclocking off to stop it throwing directx errors at me, maybe this might help you too?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard