Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#659430 28/02/20 03:30 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I’m currently at the end of a platinum playthrough. I’m playing on Honour Mode and have pretty much every trophy except for the beating the game, and the Weresheep quest trophy.

I did everything I was supposed to for that quest - dug up the grave behind the Church in Cyseal, got the formula in Hiberheim, and talked to the ghost of the sheep in the portal cave in Luculla. I went to the tree in the Phantom Forest, put down the stardust herb, and waited as long as a minute for the Weresheep to show up but nothing happened.

It’s REALLY pissing me off that the quest is bugged especially being that it’s this far into the playthrough. I have a ton of hours into this game.

I was wondering if you had any other ideas of what to do?

Here are two pics: 1 of the quest status & 1 of where I'm placing the stardust herb https://imgur.com/Cl17UCD https://imgur.com/U1bn4un

If not, I’m going to do a speedrun on Easy to get the trophy but I was wondering if anyone had the easiest path to get all the way back to it? I’m assuming Cyseal —> Church to dig grave & start quest —> Witch’s cabin —> Hiberheim —> Silverglen —> Phantom Forest? I honestly have no clue what things are mandatory I need to do in order to get into the Phantom Forest again..?

Thanks so much for any help, I really appreciate it!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Anyone?

Support
Support

Just dropping the stardust herb will not trigger the weresheep; you need to throw the herb, or move it on the ground after dropping it. Leaving the Phantom Forest and returning shortly after should also work, but there is a known issue where dropping the herb, leaving and not returning for some time will break that quest (the person who reported that had a save an hour earlier, where it worked properly).
If moving/throwing the herb, or leaving the Phantom Forest and returning, doesn't help, try previous saves, if available.

Hopefully you will at least have an old save where this will work, but if not there is an an honour mode speedrun guide on Steam which could be useful in skipping through the early game. However, I'm not sure if it relies on any exploits that are specific to the mouse and keyboard UI (it does require specific character builds).

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I think the few monitoring this have the same issue I have; it's been so long since I played the game that I just don't know the answer. There's really no way to search past topics either as the search function doesn't work very well. Raze may know but he's likely busy with the myriad of duties he has with Larian. I doubt GoG forums would be of much help either. I see if I can dig anything up but I'm not optimistic about it.

EDIT: I swear, the reply by Raze was not there when I typed up my reply and it said, "one hour ago" when it did pop up. Where are those pills? smile

Last edited by caninelegion; 29/02/20 05:06 AM.
Support
Support

Did you open a few topics at once, and possibly get sidetracked for longer than you thought? If not, it could have been a browser/forum glitch.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just wanted to give an update in case this happens to anyone else, they google it, and they see this for a solution.

For some reason on the console version, if you get to the Thorny Ground waypoint portal and fast travel anywhere before you do the Weresheep quest, the quest breaks. So you basically have to do it as soon as you activate that portal.

In my playthrough, I got to the portal and then went to the End of Time to do some bartering and upgrades. By the time I returned the quest had broken and the Weresheep wouldn’t show up.

I did a speedrun to get the trophy and here’s what I did - I made a scoundrel character and got winged feet and invisibility. I went from Cyseal (dig up grave to get Weresheep book near Church)—> Luculla Forest —> Hiberheim (defeat Boreas and go to his treasure room to get Weresheep parchment) —> Luculla Forest North (to get here, get any 3rd character (Bairdotr, Madora, etc & level up lockpicking to 5. Go into Loic’s Immaculate Church in Silverglen and pick the trap door behind him. It will take you to the phantom Forest bridge from Luculla Forest) —> Hunter’s Edge —> Zandalors House (get necklace for Phantom Forest protection) —> Thorny Ground Phantom Forest Waypoint —> THROW stardust herb near the tree & the Weresheep will come out & trophy will pop.

NOTE: I did not need to speak to the ghost weresheep you need to dig up in the portal room

Hope this helps someone!! Great game and hell of a platinum lol

Support
Support

Thank you for the update, and details.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard